Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Web Browser

1. Neo-Geo Pocket Nintendo DS Web Browser

I decided to walk into the brand new GameStop that opened up across from my job and saw this thing on the shelf brand new.

Enjoy quick, easy and portable access to the web via your Nintendo DS!

Features

DS Web Browser offers added functionality to your Nintendo DS
    Blog, check sports scores, and get the latest news in the palm of your hand
    Dual screen offers a much larger portable browsing experience than a cell phone or a personal digital assistant
    Customize your experience, disabling images to speed load times and altering the presentation to preserve the original page's layout or to maximize the screen space and readability on your DS
    Navigation's a breeze with the touch screen!
    You can access the web via your home wireless internet connection or any hot-spot access point. Look for more information on the DS Browser soon!
    http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...jWFInT-vIEngbV

I was curious at 1st as to why but then I realized Nintendo has done more then enough freaky shit with the older Gameboys so this shouldn't have come as a surprise seeing the damn thing is Wi-Fi ready.

Now I was about to buy it but I saw in TINY print on the box that the unit only works for the DS-Lite and to actually get one for my OLD DS system, I'd have to order direct from Nintendo.com.

I'm kind of put-off seeing as I spent $129.00 bones for a DS and seeing it slowly get pushed off for the DS-Lite when it's pretty much the same god damn thing.

Anyways has anyone even picked this up yet? I'd love to hear some impressions on how well the browser works.

~BonusKun
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I thought the DS browswer was announced years ago?

Still, I haven't seen the thing.

3. I have seen it in stores and heard that it is worthless.

4. Which is better? The DS or PSP web browser? I would like know.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Which is better? The DS or PSP web browser? I would like know.
    A laptop.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Why would anyone want to browse the web on a PSP, DS, Wii or anything not computer like for the matter?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. the browser is alright but a tad slow on loading complex pages and cannot play flash. If you have any other kind of web browser that works off wifi access don't bother

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I have seen it in stores and heard that it is worthless.
    If it's anything like the Wii's browser, then it is. Planetweb 3.0 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why would anyone want to browse the web on a PSP, DS, Wii or anything not computer like for the matter?
    Well it might just be me but my laptop doesn't fit into my
    pocket like the DS does. With that said I did pick up the
    browser so I can check emails on the go and not having to
    pay for a cell phone email service is a plus. So despite the
    limited capibilities I do see it being useful to a degree.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Well it might just be me but my laptop doesn't fit into my
    pocket like the DS does. With that said I did pick up the
    browser so I can check emails on the go and not having to
    pay for a cell phone email service is a plus. So despite the
    limited capibilities I do see it being useful to a degree.
    Do you really need to have the capability to check your e-mail every 5 seconds?

Is it that much trouble to wait till you get to a computer, and when you're away from the computer to do non internet shit?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.