Thread: The Green Hornet

1. The Green Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by SHH!

Seth Rogen Briefly Talks Green Hornet
    Source: Richard
    August 5, 2008

Seth Rogen appeared on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" Monday night to promote Pineapple Express and 'Richard' wrote in with the rundown:

Seth Rogen talks Green Hornet with David Letterman. Seth talks about diet and working out with a trainer to get ready to play Brit. He ended the segment by doing a running dive 17 feet across a swimming pool set up on 53rd Street while wearing a black business suit and tie. Seth lost his glasses during the stunt but managed to come in fourth in the Purina diving competition for dogs. It was a cool segment and it looks like he's already lost some weight.

You can already watch the segment online here!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Seth Rogan? Why him? I avoid movies with that guy in them.

4. Stephen Chow confirmed to play Kato... AND direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Stephen Chow confirmed to play Kato... AND direct.
    Awesome. AWESOME news. Hopes are now high for this movie.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

6. I wonder if the Lone Ranger is going to make an appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. Quote Originally Posted by LatinoReview
    Clashing over creative differences, Stephen Chow is no longer directing The Green Hornet:

There's been another change in the "Hornet" nest: Stephen Chow has dropped out as director of "The Green Hornet" but will still play Kato in Columbia Pictures' latest bid to get the crimefighter to the bigscreen.

The studio and producer Neal Moritz are in the process of setting a new director to keep the picture on track to begin production by spring.

The character began on radio in the 1930s and is best known from the '60s TV version. But a bigscreen translation is having a long gestation, going through many incarnations, including as a proposed George Clooney vehicle.

Chow, who directed and starred in "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer, signed in September to direct the film and play the role originated in the TV series by "Bruce Lee. He stepped out as director over creative differences.

The film was scripted by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, and Rogen is starring as the masked crime fighter. The script will likely be polished, and a director could be in place by year's end.

Creative differences in this case being Stephen probably wanted to make this more of a comedy venture than Rogan had planned. Actually, I doubt if these guys know what direction they want to take this movie in. An action comedy? A serious action movie? Who knows. The two have different styles when it comes to writing comedy, so it was more than likely they couldn't come to an agreement on what the hell it is they want the picture to be. Not that big of a deal since Chow is still in the movie as Kato and I'm sure will be lending his skills to the fighting sequences.

I'm actually wondering if anybody even cares.

Since we're talking about kung fu, let's enjoy this awesome kung fu clip! By the way, all of the sound effects in this clip are of me and my girlfriend having sex, they're not from the actual movie. So enjoy that.

8. I wanted to see that clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

9. Now he might not play Kato either.

This was reported before X-Mas btw.

Quote Originally Posted by AICN, SHH!, IESB.net, and Latino Review

Late last week, it was announced that Stephen Chow had dropped out as director of Columbia Pictures' The Green Hornet but that he would still play Kato in the comic book adaptation.

Now, however, that is still up in the air as well as Chow tells The Associated Press that he may not have time to star as Kato, the character made famous by Bruce Lee.

Chow, whose credits include Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, said over the weekend that he wants to free up time to work with Jack Black on a comedy about a superhero.

"If I direct 'The Green Hornet,' the superhero comedy will have to be delayed for two years," Chow said. "The timing might not be right for a superhero comedy in two years. And I want to make a movie based on an original idea."

Chow said whether he stays on to play Kato in The Green Hornet depends on his schedule.

10. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.