Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Green Hornet

1. uh...did anyone see this movie? i saw it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. it was really refreshing that it didn't take itself too seriously. it was also my first time seeing a 3d movie. it didn't really add anything, though. the action was great and i really enjoyed all of the characters. the villain had some great lines, too. it was almost like...a live action venture brothers in that way.

2. Yeah, I caught this last week. It was a lot better than I was expecting it to be (I go into flicks with very low expectations nowadays) and, aside from them making Reid a little too much of a spoiled rich kid douche, it was a very good adaptation. I liked the little nods to Bruce Lee peppered in here and there.

Christoph Waltz was awesome. Made me want to rewatch Basterds again.

3. I like how Gondry basically pillaged Arkham Asylum for the Kato fight scenes

4. I always love Seth Rogan movies but I thought this was crap. The action scenes were really lame and didn't show much. It wasn't very funny either, so not actiony enough for an action movie or funny enough for a comedy. Rogan's character was a whiny bitch, so add unlikable characters too. Cameron Diaz's casting was terrible. How are we supposed to pretend that they'd be interested in her? She's old, and not as attractive as they had to pretend she was. At least they took a couple jabs at her age, but that drew more attention to the poor casting choice.

The car and Christoph Waltz were both awesome. Overall the movie was mediocre but not worth seeing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Rogan's character was a whiny bitch, so add unlikable characters too. Cameron Diaz's casting was terrible. How are we supposed to pretend that they'd be interested in her? She's old, and not as attractive as they had to pretend she was. At least they took a couple jabs at her age, but that drew more attention to the poor casting choice.
    yeah, the attitude of the main character wasn't the best but i felt they ballanced it by having him put in his place in a lot of scenes. as far as diaz, who would you have cast? i feel it comes down to more of personal preference than being and actual "bad choice". i thought she was fine + the jokes about her age were cool.