Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamming Online @ ejamming.com

Jamming Online @ ejamming.com

Jamming online with other people...hell yeah.

You guys have gotta check this out. I jammed last night with a guy from TX, one from Alabama, and one from god knows where, and although the lag was a bit annoying, and the audio quality was terrible, it was fun as hell. I'm sure anyone on the east coast could jam with me and the lag would be barely noticeable, and the audio would be better, if you have a good connection. Lets get this shit going on, TNL JAMZ 2K7!!!! It's easy to set up, and free. It's the future of band practice.

2. Sounds kinda neat, but I'm more into collabing with people by email and working on tracks. Then again I'm more of an electronic musician and I see this for more live band type sessions. Probably be neat to try it out with some open minded people who would enjoy either dj scratching or trigged drum breaks, synths, samples and noise.

3. How about you drive up from MD and jam with me instead. We'll make magic happen.

4. lolstralia

Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post
    synths
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post
    noise
    yep

6. I tried downloading this today, but it crashes as soon as I double click on the desktop icon. I even tried it with that ASIO4ALL shit installed as well and still got the same error.

No jams for now, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I tried downloading this today, but it crashes as soon as I double click on the desktop icon. I even tried it with that ASIO4ALL shit installed as well and still got the same error.

No jams for now, I guess.
    Yeah, it's still really buggy. I have had a few really cool jams though, one really metal one that was pretty fun. I also jammed with 3 other guys from VA (I'm in MD), and the latency was not noticable at all. I have faith that over time, this will be really kick ass.

8. That's cool to hear that the latency issues are getting better with each new beta release.

This thing definitely has the potential to take off, but until they get it into more stable shape I don't think I'm going to mess with it again for a while since I had to reinstall my sound card drivers after ASIO4ALL fucked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    That's cool to hear that the latency issues are getting better with each new beta release.

This thing definitely has the potential to take off, but until they get it into more stable shape I don't think I'm going to mess with it again for a while since I had to reinstall my sound card drivers after ASIO4ALL fucked them up.
    Is your card not capable of 48k / 16bit? That is the only reason to install them I believe. What card are you using?

The main thing about the latency issues is that because of the bugs, there isn't a real community yet. I've yet to see more than 5-8 people logged in at any time. Of course, being close to the people you jam with makes the latency lower, but for the most part, because of the limited userbase, I connect with people that are hundreds if not thousands of miles away. In a 2 person session though, I jammed some metal stuff with a guy from Alabama, and the latency was around 68ms, still good enough to not really notice it much.

On my end, I never have problems connecting to people, but if they have firewalls up, or don't have the proper ports forwarded, then it gets to be a pain; inviting people over and over again just to have them get kicked over and over. I want some people on the eastern seaboard (MD/VA/DC/NJ/NY/NC) area to get on and try to get this rolling.

I know it sucks right now, but the idea is awesome, and I'm surprised more TNLs don't wanna check this out.

10. I'm using Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit, so I shouldn't be having any problems as far as sounds cards go, correct?