Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamming Online @ ejamming.com

I'm curious, how exactly do your hook your instruments up to your computer? Or do all of the individuals just use regular microphones positioned by their instruments??
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. The easiest way is to just plug your instrument/amp/effects processor directly into your computer's microphone slot. You can get a cable that does that for like $15. Of course, to do this with an acceptable amount of audio quality, you need a decent sound card.

For communication purposes, I also have a couple of headsets/mics that connect via USB.
    Last edited by jyoung; 02 Aug 2007 at 10:33 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I'm using Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit, so I shouldn't be having any problems as far as sounds cards go, correct?
    Only problem is it isn't ASIO compliant, I don't believe. I'm guessing that ASIO4ALL thing is a Direct-X to ASIO wrapper of sorts, which I could see being problematic when trying to use it with your standard DX apps. You'd probably be better off gettin a cheap USB card, like one of the M-Audio models or something like that, that natively does ASIO. I have the M-Audio MobilePre USB, and it works just fine. Hoping to hit off a jam tonight, I'll let you all know how it goes.