Thread: TNL Movie Club: Four Eyed Monsters

1. TNL Movie Club: Four Eyed Monsters

I remember this film being on youtube for free for a week, but i cant sit and watch movies on my little laptop screen. I have yet to see it myself, but im on a search for fresh and weird new inspiration, so maybe thisll have something in it! it IS on netflix, however its a DVD rental. my other choice was "Good Dick" which is also weird and well reviewed, and thats instant, if it was hard to come by Four eyed Monsters we could switch to it

From Wikipedia

Four Eyed Monsters is a 2005 film by Susan Buice and Arin Crumley. It roughly follows Buice and Crumley's real life relationship; the couple initially communicated only through artistic means because Arin was too shy to introduce himself to Susan.

The film was shot on MiniDV using the Panasonic AG-DVX100 in Brooklyn and Manhattan, New York, Framingham, Massachusetts and Johnson, Vermont. It was edited on Apple's Final Cut Pro editing software. It debuted on the festival circuit in January 2005 at the Slamdance Film Festival. After attending dozens of festivals, they started to have people request the film to screen in their area. They used a custom designed Google map which showed the zip codes with the largest number of people requesting the film. And in September 2006, they screened the film in six cities every week during the month. (footage of some of these September screenings can be seen in the rolling credits of the film) Due to all the success on the September screenings, they premiered theatrically on December 1, 2006 in New York City at the Cinema Village in Greenwich Village with a whopping $3,135 box office gross.

On June 8, 2007 the entire film was initially released on YouTube for one week, but this was extended until August 15. Buice and Crumley introduced the film, explaining that they were still in credit card debt from making Four Eyed Monsters.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    It roughly follows Buice and Crumley's real life relationship; the couple initially communicated only through artistic means because Arin was too shy to introduce himself to Susan.
    Are you fucking joking?
    Boo, Hiss.