Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies That Actually WOULD Benefit from a Remake

1. Movies That Actually WOULD Benefit from a Remake

If you know me, then you know I love nothing more than to bitch and complain about the glut of remakes Hollywood is spewing out on a weekly basis. To me, this simply represents a complete lack of creativity, especially since 99.9999% of the movies being remade didn't need to be to begin with.

But this weekend I caught Fantastic Voyage on cable (I haven't seen it since I was a kid). If you're not familiar with it, Fantastic Voyage was a movie made in 1966 that dealt with a group of scientists in a submarine being shrunk down to microscopic size and injected into the bloodstream of an important scientist that who was dying of a brain tumor that was unreachable through normal means. Pretty cool concept, although the depiction of the inside of a man's body using 1966 technology was pretty laughable by today's standards. But whole thing was very ambitious, and it got me thinking about how the film would be if it was remade today. It might actually be very cool.

So, can anyone else come up with some movies where a remake would actually be useful instead of a cheap cash run on an established movie that didn't need to be remade in the first place?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Logan's Run was a pretty decent movie back in the day, but the poor editing and special effects make it pretty hard to watch now. The Island was a decent attempt at this style of movie and Logan's Run would probably be a better story.

2010: A Space Odyssee was a ground-breaking title in it's day, now it's kind of hard to take seriously. I'd like to see this one remade, with all the CGI it could muster.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08 Jan 2007 at 02:45 PM.

3. The Care Bears Movie 2 done by Production I.G.

4. The Blob and "Them".

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    But this weekend I caught Fantastic Voyage on cable (I haven't seen it since I was a kid). If you're not familiar with it, Fantastic Voyage was a movie made in 1966 that dealt with a group of scientists in a submarine being shrunk down to microscopic size and injected into the bloodstream of an important scientist that who was dying of a brain tumor that was unreachable through normal means. Pretty cool concept, although the depiction of the inside of a man's body using 1966 technology was pretty laughable by today's standards. But whole thing was very ambitious, and it got me thinking about how the film would be if it was remade today. It might actually be very cool.
    Apparently this had a cartoon based on it back in the '60s. Also, the horrifyingly bad Martin Short/Dennis Quaid vehicle "Innerspace".

I'd really like a remake of "The Valley of Gwangi". Set in Deadwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Any movie could inspire a good remake if there's actually an idea and an angle behind it. It's really gotta be more than "CGI would look pretty in this" though.

7. The Last Samurai without Tom Cruise fucking it up pls. Perhaps Segal would have been a better choice, since he, you know, lived in Japan.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Pocoroba View Post
    The Last Samurai without Tom Cruise fucking it up pls. Perhaps Segal would have been a better choice, since he, you know, lived in Japan.
    That was the whole idea though, he was supposed to be a foreigner learning the culture, etc.

9. Kindergarden Cop

10. House of the Dead
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt