Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help Me Choose HDTV

1. Maybe after the next big round of games passes, I was never big on the COD games anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Deal of the year boys...

Target is going to have an Olevia 37" 1080i LCD HDTV for only $549.00 on Black Friday. These won't last long so I'm gonna make sure I am there at 4am to wait in line. Here's the link to the AD Scan... just select Ad Scans on the top page and choose target
    Last edited by Netwurked; 13 Nov 2007 at 04:08 PM.

3. So, for you folks with HDTVs where the blacks aren't deep black, have you found that over time you've gotten used to it, or has it come to annoy you even more.

Got my set today, and it's a toss up for me. Because I know that the blacks aren't as black as I'd like them to be, I notice it more. But, when I'm not thinking about that fact, the set I got really isn't bad. I'm just wondering if others have grown used to it, or grown to notice it even more over time.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. I got used to it, but every time I watch LoTR in the mines of Moria scene, I wish I had the money to upgrade.

5. So, after getting my new Sony 32" LCD earlier this week, I ordered an HDMI cable from monoprice, and it arrived today. I eagerly tore open the package, hooked it up between my TV and PS3, and awaited high-definition glory.

What I got instead was a complete mess. After setting the PS3 to output via HDMI (trying both 1080i and 720p), something really weird is going on. When navigating the XMB, it's almost as if the screen isn't refreshing properly. As I scroll through menu items, it leaves behind traces of what menus I've been through, almost like the background is made of sand and the menus are leaving footprints. For example, if I go across something that brings up a textbox (but doesn't fully change the background image), once leaving that box enough of an impression is left that I can still read what the text was.

I've tried checking all the options I could dig up in both the PS3 menus and the TV menus, but I've found nothing that has fixed this. I'm also having an issue when loading something from the PS3, like a game or a movie - almost like the TV is losing the signal momentarily. (I think this may be an issue with HDMI, though, right?)

Anybody with a similar set-up had an issue like this? I'm not sure if it's the PS3, the TV, or the HDMI cable. I haven't tried much DVD upconverting yet, but to be honest, unless it blows me away, I might just go back to component for everything.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Funny thing I made this thread long time ago, and yet I still dont have gotten the tv

That dlp that KV got is sweet, but wife just hates projections, she calls them coffins lol. So its LCD for me really.

Really fight between 46 Samsung 71 and Sony XBR4. Both overpriced, both have issues, but also both sweet sweet tvs.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Anybody with a similar set-up had an issue like this? I'm not sure if it's the PS3, the TV, or the HDMI cable. I haven't tried much DVD upconverting yet, but to be honest, unless it blows me away, I might just go back to component for everything.
    You would probably get an answer much quicker in the PS3 thread. I have no idea what it could be, but as a wild guess, maybe you could try switching to the game mode on your TV if it has one.

8. Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    Because nobody is going to be playing it in a week once Mass Effect and Rock Band come out.
    Wrong.

I'll play it less because of Mass Effect but I'll still be playing it. For months.

9. I have the same problem with my 26" Samsung. Any movie scenes that fade to black, or have a lot of black in them leave a ghost image until the next bright scene comes on, then it all goes away. It doesn't happen with my 360, so I figured it is just the time bending power of the 4D PS3.