Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC's Pedophille Catching Show Made Somebody Kill Himself

1. NBC's Pedophille Catching Show Made Somebody Kill Himself

haven't found a link yet but while CNN was covering the family murder by the two guys out on parole they had mentioned this. apparently somebody was going to touch a little kid and be on that show where they set up the pedo's, but before the cops could get him he killed himself. now the family of the pedo is sueing NBC. i swear, if this even see's a courtroom i give up on humanity.

2. It'll see a courtroom. I for one have no problem with this dude offing himself, as all kiddy predators should. However this is a case of "Well not everybody is outed on TV" so the pressure made him kill himself.

I figured that was going to happen someday on that show.

4. i'd like to find a link. if the guy shot himself liek they said "before the cops apprehended him" it had to have been on his way out of the house. in which case he came in armed. if that's the case i'm sure he had all good intentions for being there.

yes....the family of that sick fuck deserve every cent they can get.

5. I'm not surprised the guy offed himself. Getting busted on national TV for being a disgusting deviant going to meet a child for sex…his entire life was destroyed anyway. Everyone knows…wife, kids, friends, co-workers…it's all over. And he went in WITH a gun? Holy shit, what kind of maniac was he? Fucker did the world a favor, blowing his brains out.

But this brings up something I've been wondering about, in regards to this show. Could somebody explain the legality of showing people's faces on TV without their permission? I've always assumed that you had to sign a release, no matter what. Shit, even some criminals on COPS have their faces blurred out for that reason.

But on To Catch a Predator, these guys are outed on national TV for everyone to see, before they're even arrested. I'm sure as hell not defending the pedos in any way at all, I'm just saying that it's the police and legal system's duty to punish these assholes, NOT the media's, and by outing them on national TV, that's exactly what the media is doing. They have vast power I'm not sure they deserve.

As for the morality of it…it's a weird grey area. I mean, these guys are going to fuck a kid, and the show stops them. That's good. But do the makers of To Catch a Predator really deserve accolades for it? Do they really give a shit, or is it all ratings? They've made countless similar shows (To Catch a Con-Man, To Catch an Identity Thief, etc.) and you don't see them pushing them as hard or filming as many episodes as they do THIS show. Believe me, if people didn't tune in to watch pedos busted this show would be gone.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Jul 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Interesting how Chris Hansen just gets them to sit down on the stool. I believe this guy was a Congressman. So yeah, his life was pretty much over.

7. i would imagine all these sickos sign a release to show their faces. i think (iirc) i saw a few that were blurred out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    But on To Catch a Predator, these guys are outed on national TV for everyone to see, before they're even arrested. I'm sure as hell not defending the pedos in any way at all, I'm just saying that it's the police and legal system's duty to punish these assholes, NOT the media's, and by outing them on national TV, that's exactly what the media is doing. They have vast power I'm not sure they deserve.

As for the morality of it…it's a weird grey area. I mean, these guys are going to fuck a kid, and the show stops them. That's good. But do the makers of To Catch a Predator really deserve accolades for it? Do they really give a shit, or is it all ratings? They've made countless similar shows (To Catch a Con-Man, To Catch an Identity Thief, etc.) and you don't see them pushing them as hard or filming as many episodes as they do THIS show. Believe me, if people didn't tune in to watch pedos busted this show would be gone.
    Exactly. The dude deserved what he did to himself, but at the same time it's not NBC/Mr. Hanson's job to expose all this shit on TV. I can't imagine anybody going through the process saying, please release this on National TV.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FX View Post
    Interesting how Chris Hansen just gets them to sit down on the stool.
    Yeah, no one freaks out and tries to run or anything whenever Hansen saunters on out. Not even when the tells them they're on TV and all the crew members with the cameras and boom mikes swarm out and surround him.

Although I do remember this one black guy who must have recognized Hansen and immediately started saying "Yo, I knew what this was, I was just testing it. Y'all do a good job" while going straight for the door. The cops took his ass down.

BTW, I was watching a few episodes of this show on YouTube and came across audition footage for the people posting as the kids that meet the pedos at the door on the TV show. I can't get to YouTube at work or I'd link it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    i would imagine all these sickos sign a release to show their faces. i think (iirc) i saw a few that were blurred out.
    I haven't seen many episodes, but I've never seen anyone's face blurred out.

And who would ever willingly sign a release for such a thing, anyway?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Jul 2007 at 12:21 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. As the resident liberal, I'm not mustering much if any sympathy for these guys. I mean really unless the TV guys are doing something seriously unethical (aside from the whole lying to child molesters) like faking evidence doing false light stuff (which would get them sued VERY hard) I'm not seeing a problem with this. This is activist journalism at its near height.

But I'll watch when they start trapping Congressmen and Senators with bribes. Season 1, senators 50 senators for a year.