Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headphone recommendations needed

1. Sony MDRV-500's. They are comfy, pretty good at isolation, and sound great.

60 bucks here http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc....SON+MDRV500DJ.

Oh, and the swiveling earcups help prevent them from breaking too. I've sat on my old pair a hundred times and they were fine. I did finally step on them once with all my weight and that did em' in.

2. Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts View Post
    Grado SR-60's or Sony MDR-7506's if you can afford them. I can't recommend anything else. Sennheiser's sound way too bass heavy to me and they hurt my head like hell. That's my opinion based on what I've used in the studio.
    My opinion exactly. If you have anything other than a pin sized head than these things will make your head hurt after a while. I find them bass heavy as well. They are awesome for recording though, especially for drummers and for keeping the click out of mics.

I like my HD280s. I never use them for anything other than recording stuff, and I never do that anymore. but I like having them

4. I've been using the Sony MDR-XD100 headphones for almost two years now and I really have no complaints. They cost about $40 at the time.
    The cord is the standard split style and it's a bit longer than I need. I would have preferred something with a a curly cord that only comes from one ear-piece, but I couldn't find anything like that in my price range.

5. Thanks kedawa. I might look into those for a holdover until I can save to enter the $100 price range and get something to really last. eBay has that pair very cheap right now and I think it'll do me just fine. I actually need a very long cord and have to get an extension, since these will be used on a TV and my futon is back away, so the cord length is a bonus for me.

6. Update: I picked up the AKG's mentioned above from mannerbots friend and they're great. Great bass, full and clear sound all the way around. A little tight fitting but these things are pretty much brand new so I think the metal headband will uncoil a bit after awhile. When you take them off they basically snap into a ball. Almost took out an eye when I just slid one side off my face. Learned that lesson quick.

7. Yeah, they really are pretty much brand new like I said. They should get better as you burn them in also. Glad you like them.