Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever skipped school/work to play a game?

1. i've skipped school to go buy games, but i've never skip school to play games.

oh, and zidane, i would suggest you stop missing school to play metal gear solid 2. that way, you'll learn more words than just "metal", "gear","solid", and "hardcore."

2. Originally posted by Nash
    i've skipped school to go buy games, but i've never skip school to play games.

oh, and zidane, i would suggest you stop missing school to play metal gear solid 2. that way, you'll learn more words than just "metal", "gear","solid", and "hardcore."
    Tee Hee!
    I think only missed school once to more or less play a game. It was my freshman year in high school. It was a catholic high school (I got kicked out of there at the start of the next year) and they were going on a retreat one friday to pray and council one another and a mess of other crap I wasn't interested in doing. So what do I figure I'll do instead? Stay home and play Zelda III: A Link to the Past...I think it was worth it.
    "Max: Should I confront, subdue, and pummel the suspected perpetrator Sam?
    Sam: Sick 'em up little buddy."

-Sam & Max, Freelance Police

3. One time I did. It lasted about 4 years.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Originally posted by Kenshin
    Skip school to play a game?

I much more often skipped school for no exact reason at al...
    Same here...

5. I would skip school to avoid boring classes or doing presentations...but never for video games. That's what lonely weekends were for.

6. I've done it a few times. When I got Super Metroid I missed two days. When I got my own Snes and Link to the past, I missed school. I think I was pretty good about it; I usually got games on the weekend or I would go to school and feign sickness to go home early.

I did that alot in High School but mainly for other non gaming related reasons.

Or I'd leave school during the day to go to the Arcade.

8. I skipped work on 9/9/99 to play Soul Calibur on my DC.

9. i cut school once to beat crash bandicoot 2 :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

10. Hmm. I'm not currently enrolled in college because of my poor time management skills with class and games. Impulses are a tough thing for me to deal with, and if I feel like sitting down to play a game for awhile, chances are I'll do it, and to hell with everything else.