Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever skipped school/work to play a game?

zidane747 Guest

Have you ever skipped school/work to play a game?

I have tons of times(and with my parents permission ^_^). I did it for FFVII; I missed an entire 2 weeks to play and beat the game(don't worry, they were at the beginning of the year, plus I'm super smart so....). Then when MGS hit in 98, that was it for me. I didn't MOVE from my den for the 30 hours it took me to beat the game(I didn't rush, I savored every second of it). Then again in 2001, with(drumroll).....MGS2!!! I still miss school just to play it. Hardcore.....it's an unforgiving lifestyle.

2. This question has got to be a joke. Of course I have!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. 30 hours!? What did you do? Inspect every surface in the game? Yikes. How did you miss a whole 2 weeks of school? At my HS you got into some shit for missing 10 days in the whole year. Oh, I skipped for FF 7 and Mario 64. I might have skipped another time but I don't remember...I think I ditched class for RE: Remake once (it was raining hardcore so I decided I'd be better off not going).

4. Skip school to play a game?

I much more often skipped school for no exact reason at al...

5. Work? No. Class...... well. Lets' just say I missed 3 days of college in a row drawing "Phish" sprites and inserting them into a Super Mario 2 ROM. That was the worst case. Games would indirectly cause me to miss class as well. I'd miss sleep for games and then miss class for sleep.

when i got psx, i skipped school for RE and the demo disc...that's it though.

7. Maybe one or two days (probably 1) for FF8. And I think I also missed a few classes during a Gunbird 2 marathon (not that I got anywhere with it).

8. Re: Have you ever skipped school/work to play a game?

Originally posted by zidane747
    Hardcore.....it's an unforgiving lifestyle.
    If you're hardcore, then I'm flucking Yu Suzuki.
    It's a mirror image!

Re: Re: Have you ever skipped school/work to play a game?

Originally posted by Luke

If you're hardcore, then I'm flucking Yu Suzuki.

oh my, that is quite funny...

and I didn't even know that Yu Suzuki swung that way

I've called in to work a few times in the past, most notibly for Mega Man X and Super Metroid. Ah, the memories.....
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.