Page 1 of 71 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - August 2007

1. This Month's Haul - August 2007

It's August in many parts of the world, so here ya go.. this August is looking good for me (plus, it's my birthday).

It came with a $50 giftcard from TRU. GF got it for me this past Saturday for our 1 year anniversary which was on 7/11.

So, what did you get?
    Last edited by aren; 31 Jul 2007 at 02:40 PM.

2. Isn't the 360 suppose to have a price drop in a couple of days, or does that 50 dollar giftcard count?

3. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    Isn't the 360 suppose to have a price drop in a couple of days, or does that 50 dollar giftcard count?
    Count? I did some calculations and what basically happens is my gf pays $4.13 more than she should've (tax on a $399.99 unit is obviously higher than tax on a $349.99 unit) and I got a giftcard from TRU. I'll use the giftcard for the B2G1 free sale they have every year. So no big deal.

4. Have you watched Hot Fuzz yet? I very much enjoyed Shaun of the Dead so if is anything like that I will pick it up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post

So, what did you get?
    my baby back

Click for full size
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    Have you watched Hot Fuzz yet? I very much enjoyed Shaun of the Dead so if is anything like that I will pick it up.
    Haven't seen it yet. I loved Shaun of the Dead, and I have heard very good things aobut Hot Fuzz. I was gonna get the HD DVD version, but if I am going to be forced to pay extra for the DVD version, I'd rather just buy the DVD version. Fuck HD DVD/DVD combos.

7. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    Have you watched Hot Fuzz yet? I very much enjoyed Shaun of the Dead so if is anything like that I will pick it up.
    It's a little bit more serious, but it's still hilarious. Like "Shaun of the Dead," it's a well-executed genre picture paired with a brilliant comic script.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. Quote Originally Posted by nameless_one View Post
    thing is with zombie movies you dont really need to set up a story, this ones a pseudo crime drama comedy, so a lot of the asskickingly hilarious moments we all want dont happen untill the climax of the movie

its an ok one, but definately not a shaun of the dead.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

9. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post

Will be picking this up myself later today. For those interested, Target seemed to have the best price for HD versions. Kinda pissed that HD doesn't get any of the cool extra shit like a helmet or cards that some places are giving away with the regular DVD release.