Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They see me rollin'. They be ridin' cleanly!

1. They see me rollin'. They be ridin' cleanly!

Here's the article.

The part of the article that really got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NEKESA MUMBI MOODY; The Associated Press
    Chamillionaire figured he could still make good music , just without the rough language. The rapper, who won a Grammy this year for his socially charged smash "Ridin,'" says he never cursed all that much in his music anyway. The N-word was a different story: "I've always used the N-word."

But after the success of his last album, he went out on tour and saw mostly white faces lip-synching the epithet along with his lyrics. Now Chamillionaire has had a change of heart for his new album, due in September on Universal Music Group, a unit of General Electric Co.

"I was like, 'You know what? I'm not going to say the N-word on this one because when I go back on the road, and I start performing, I don't want them to be saying it, like me teaching them,'" he told The Associated Press.

This brings me back to Dole's video and sound file of the two white guys calling each other nigger.
    Last edited by Advocate; 02 Aug 2007 at 08:14 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. That's kinda cool. More rappers need to do that if they truly want the N-word to be dead and buried.

3. He's still going to suck.

edit: shouldn't this be in music discussion?

4. It's not much, but at least one of these clueless fucktards has figured it out.

Have to take what we can get I suppose.

5. Disagree. Chamillionaire is awesome. His new single with Slick Rick (!) has the funniest video. He seems like an alright guy with a somewhat positive view on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    edit: shouldn't this be in music discussion?
    Else Kano might ban you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SXA View Post
    Disagree. Chamillionaire is awesome. His new single with Slick Rick (!) has the funniest video. He seems like an alright guy with a somewhat positive view on life.

I'm sure Slick Rick did not appear pro bono. Did you even watch that video?

Whiteface = racist. sry.

8. Chamillionaire is apparently way smarter than I ever gave him credit for.

9. The N-word has been watered out so much by popular-media, that it really isn't a derogative term anymore. When will you people move on?
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

10. I stand by my post.
    Nigger is the new fag.