Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Friday the 13th

1. http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ws.php?id=1381

A reliable tipster phoned in this evening (and this source is 100% solid gold, baby) to tell us Dunes is putting their proposed Friday the 13th on the pre-strike roster with the aim to begin shooting sometime in early 2008. The Dunes team, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, we've been told, have also officially locked a new pair of writers to tackle the property...Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.

This duo, we're sure you recall, ultimately won out and penned 2003's successful Freddy vs. Jason after New Line had spent years developing the big screen battle royale. Platinum Dunes has faced its share of struggle dragging a new Friday the 13th out of the mire; early drafts by Mark Wheaton (The Messengers) were mulled over and abandoned, and Jonathan Liebesman (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) was attached as a director. No word yet if Liebesman is still attached - we hope to bring you word on that soon.

2. Bring back Kane!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. News made official from a reputable site: HollywoodReporter.com:

Duo pumps new blood into 'Friday'

By Borys Kit

Oct 2, 2007

Damian Shannon and Mark Swift have been tapped to write "Friday the 13th," the remake of the horror classic being produced by Platinum Dunes for New Line.

Paramount released the original "Friday" in 1980, making Jason -- the unstoppable hockey mask-wearing killer -- a horror icon, though the serial killer made only a brief appearance in the final frames of the first movie and never killed anyone. Jason didn't even don the famous mask until the third movie.

The remake, however, will focus on Jason -- who will wear the mask and kill -- and keep the famous setting of Crystal Lake.

Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing.

Paramount and MTV Films also are involved with the project.

The duo's boarding pumps a blood transfusion into the project, setting it up as a possible prestrike project. The writers are no strangers to Jason, having penned 2003's "Freddy vs. Jason," the killer's last big-screen appearance. That film grossed more than $82 million domestically.
    Not saying that shocktilyoudrop.com or whatever isn't reputable...

Prestrike... That means it could be out mid-to late next year, since the strike isn't scheduled to hit until July. NICE.
    Last edited by BerringerX; 02 Oct 2007 at 10:02 AM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

4. Exciting news.

I'm not crazy about it being a remake, but at least they're focusing on Jason and sticking to the basics (the hockey mask, Crystal Lake). But hey, remake or not, at least it'll open the possibility for a new on-going series.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 Oct 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I'm just happy the "Friday" is back in the title.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I'm just happy the "Friday" is back in the title.
    Same here. I really hated the "Jason Whatever" titles.

7. Michael Bay is a producer on it? i want scads of explosions and millitary personnel.

8. Michael Bay has produced pretty much every horror remake that's come out in recent years. The two Texas Chainsaw Massacres, The Hitcher, Ammityville Horror oh. and look at that, he's going to head up a Birds remake as well. Fuck. me.

9. And a remake of Near Dark as well.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Michael Bay has produced pretty much every horror remake that's come out in recent years. The two Texas Chainsaw Massacres, The Hitcher, Ammityville Horror oh. and look at that, he's going to head up a Birds remake as well. Fuck. me.
    wow. i honestly didn't know this.