Page 1 of 90 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Friday the 13th

1. Official Friday the 13th

I know it seems like this thread may seem redundant after the juggernaut that was the F vs. J thread, but there's actually a bit of new info on this project.

Michael Bay's production company Platinum Dunes has reconfirmed its dedication to producing a remake of Friday the 13th to the trade publication Variety. The company says that the film is now set for a 2009 release date.

The project was initially supposed to move forward in early 2006, before entering development hell and being delayed in favor of other remakes from Platinum Dunes including The Hitcher as well as the prequel Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.

Many are waiting to see the performance of Rob Zombie's Halloween remake to see what the final word is on whether this moves forward or not. Jonathan Liebesman was previously attached to direct the R-Rated horror film which would return to Crystal Lake. Paramount has also given their blessing to the project in the past year, opening the door for use of the Friday the 13th name as well as characters from the pre-New Line era.

Febuary, March and November will all receive "Friday the 13ths" during the year 2009, making them ideal for potential release dates.
    From what little bit of info has surfaced, it's really hard to tell what this movie is going to be. Some have said a combined remake of parts 1 & 2, a sequel set near and in the style of 2, 3, or 4, or just a plain ol' new movie. Some have also said that Tommy Jarvis would be a part of this new film, but it's unknown in what capacity.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Excellent- a new Friday the 13 thread. Bwa-ha-ha.

I'm not sure if I'd want a remake or just a new sequel. I mean, his story is pretty well established, so a remake is kinda pointless. But if it means a regular series of F13 movies again, like back in the 80's, I'm all for it.

Paramount has also given their blessing to the project in the past year, opening the door for use of the Friday the 13th name
    About time. I was tired of movies named "Jason." That's like if Rob Zombie named the Halloween remake "Michael."

as well as characters from the pre-New Line era.
    Other than Tommy Jarvis, there really weren't any other characters in the F13 series that anyone would really know. Maybe that chick Tina in Part 7, but the whole thing with her having powers was kinda stupid.

Besides, Jason usually killed almost everyone in his movies, anyway.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Aug 2007 at 09:43 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I'd like to see a true continuation of the Final Chapter. Jarvis against Jason. Hell, have Crispin Glover cameo one of his characters from a movie of his choice.

I didn't like where the series went after 4. I know Jarvis went after Jason in 6, but he wasn't the character he should have been. He should have went bat-shit and started killing people like Jason. Then just go from there...

4. They should have a film where all of Jason's survivors get killed one by one, until Tommy is the only one left. Then a showdown between the two.

It wouldn't really do any good to have Tommy win the battle, as Jason is stil up and around in Jason X. Be a great ending, to have Jason finally get his revenge on Tommy.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I'd like to see a true continuation of the Final Chapter. Jarvis against Jason. Hell, have Crispin Glover cameo one of his characters from a movie of his choice.

I didn't like where the series went after 4. I know Jarvis went after Jason in 6, but he wasn't the character he should have been. He should have went bat-shit and started killing people like Jason. Then just go from there...
    No, no, no- I like unstoppable zombie Jason. Moreso than regular human Jason from Parts 1-4. Fuck Tommy Jarvis.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    They should have a film where all of Jason's survivors get killed one by one, until Tommy is the only one left. Then a showdown between the two.
    I love that idea, although I don't see them doing it because kids today wouldn't know who Jason's survivors are.

Still, they used to do something like that in the old movies. Remember, the one girl that survived the original F13 (and killed Mrs. Voorhees) was killed by Jason right in the beginning of Part 2.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Aug 2007 at 10:06 AM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. They bred Tommy to be Jason's main "nemesis" if you will, but kind of blew the character off. At least in the Nightmare series, they gave Nancy a bit of closure by killing her off. Tommy just vanished. In related news, Tommy is getting an action figure, of sorts.

I'd probably end up putting that in the wife's fishtank.

7. Cool, Tommy has a plastic rod going right up his taint.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    I'd probably end up putting that in the wife's fishtank.
    LOL! Awesome idea!

Shit, I'd consider getting a fishtank to do that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Other than Tommy Jarvis, there really weren't any other characters in the F13 series that anyone would really know. Maybe that chick Tina in Part 7, but the whole thing with her having powers was kinda stupid.

Besides, Jason usually killed almost everyone in his movies, anyway.
    I dunno, I remember the Tina from part V really, really well. But I get your point.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

9. F13 Part 4 after that the series slowly died. Until Manhattan, then it went straight to shit.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. When I was 11 these movies bored the hell out of me, maybe now they won't suck so much.