Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 758587888990 LastLast

Thread: Official Friday the 13th

1. It's really jarring during the title, haha. BOOM "hey wait a second!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. It follows the old graphic design rule, "knives on the right'

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Nice find!

And yeah, that KABOOM in the opening credits is a panic. But Part 3 still holds the undisputed overall title for wacky F13 title sequences:

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    I've always liked it as well, except for the whole backwards thing.
    Huh? Oh yeah, the ax mark is reversed. Never noticed that before.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. That intro is the stuff of legend! Love the song!

What's everyone's favorite Friday? It's really a tough question for me and it changes on my mood!

5. I really like the characters in Final Chapter and the overall shenanigans of Manhattan equally. It's between those two for sure.

I want some Jason LDs but $$$

7. Part 7 for me. It mostly moved away from the camp that series had fallen into and even has a few actually legit creepy moments. I liked that they used less of Harry Manfredini's (at-times) silly sounding score, that it was the first Kane Hodder movie, and that some of the kills were pretty gruesome and inventive (although hacked to shit by the ratings board at the time...Part 7 would be an easy PG-13 these days). Plus I love the new rotted design for Jason, with his spine and jaw on display and all. Of course it had the usual assortment of annoying and forgettable teens played by late 20-somethings, but that's par for the course in this series.

Part 6 is enjoyable (despite the camp), and features the first "Unstoppable Zombie Jason," which I enjoy. It kinda laid the groundwork for the iconic template that Hodder would refine and master going forward (which is funny because he's the best Jason in the worst movies, aside from Part 7). And Jason utility belt FTW!

I also enjoy 4, as it was really well-done overall, and feel that 5 is waaay underrated, despite being batshit insane and the campiest movie of the entire series. But at least it seemed to spend a little bit of time giving it's characters different and distinct personalities before they were butchered.

1, 2 and 3 are all solid.

Jason Goes to Manhattan is fucking terrible, but still better than Jason Goes To Hell, which I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of (except for just now, that is).

Jason X is okay but very dumb, but has the most super-annoying characters of the entire series, bar none. It's actually not satisfying when Jason kills them because you really want every character to die for real, not just in the movie. I do love (but am bewildered by) the David Cronenberg cameo, however.

Freddy Vs. Jason was decent for what it was, but still a campy, silly mess that ignored a lot from previous movies (like, Jason is suddenly scared of water after wading through Crystal Lake after people previously). And again, mega-annoying characters, but Jason thankfully caused the majority of their deaths, and seeing them die was actually satisfying this time (compared to Jason X).

The reboot was solid, but very uninspired. I was fine with running Jason, but the kills were bland. I liked the subplot where Jason holds one of his victims hostage because she reminded him of mommy and wish they had done more with it, but overall it was pretty forgettable and didn't feel much like an F13 movie. The rack on that one chick was fucking epic, however.

So yeah, Part 7 is my favorite.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Feb 2017 at 07:58 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Solid write-up.

Mine kinda breaks up into eras. I'm very fond of Part 3 due to its very time and place feel of it. Shelly rocks and it was my first Friday...swoon!! 1 and 2 are up there as I watched them after. Loved Ginny in 2. Good kills in that one as well.

Once you get to 4-6, you're getting different things out of them. 4 has a great Jason and Crispin Glover is a dead fuck and so on and so on. I HATED Corey Feldman in the movie for some reason as a kid and can't get what he has become out of my head when I re-watch the movies. 5 was weird and I REALLY wanted tommy to be Jason at the end of it when I was a kid but then we wouldn't have got the awesome part 6! Part 6 is my jam and its probably my favorite in the series. I LOVED Frankenjason and the weird campiness of the movie. It knew what it was at that point and it delivered ! TRIPLE DECAP!

Part 7 is mixed bag for me. Like you, I LOVE Hodder and his makeup in this one. Best looking Jason ever. The "teens" were REALLY bad in this movie. More than usual and Jason fights Carrie is a good premise and the final third is well done, I just didn't like that actress. Also dad wasn't decomposed! BOO!

Jason takes a boat blowed and was the first Friday I saw in a theater. I really really hated the ending. Jason is a force, not a freaking Toxic avenger kid. Jason goes to hell is even worse though I loved the beginning as a kid. It confused the shit outta me.

Jason X was crap and I even told Todd Farmer it was lol. He was in my buddies WoW guild back in the day and I didn't believe him. Turns out, Todd is a great guy and even sent flowers when my buddy died. He also had the best part in the My Bloody Valentine remake lol. Jason X does have one of the greatest clean kills with the frozen face bit.

Freddy vs Jason is dumb and I like the final act of the movie. Good kills in it too. Not really a Friday movie though. TERRIBLE Jason.

Remake didn't even register and its the only Friday I don't own and have no intentions of owning.

Parts 3 and 6 are my favorites. 6 gets the nod from me!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Part 6 is my jam and its probably my favorite in the series. I LOVED Frankenjason and the weird campiness of the movie. It knew what it was at that point and it delivered ! TRIPLE DECAP!
    Part 6 is a close second to Part 7 for me. It was a lot of fun and yeah, FrankenJason rules.

Part 7 is mixed bag for me. Like you, I LOVE Hodder and his makeup in this one. Best looking Jason ever. The "teens" were REALLY bad in this movie. More than usual and Jason fights Carrie is a good premise and the final third is well done, I just didn't like that actress. Also dad wasn't decomposed! BOO!
    Yeah, the did thing made no sense to me. However, if you checkout the deleted gore scenes, you'll find at the end of this video the dad originally WAS decomposed, and the ratings board made the director cut that out along with almost anything else even remotely resembling gore.

Jason takes a boat blowed and was the first Friday I saw in a theater. I really really hated the ending. Jason is a force, not a freaking Toxic avenger kid. Jason goes to hell is even worse though I loved the beginning as a kid.
    I liked Jason's design in JGTH, but otherwise that movie was dogshit. Jason being a little demon jumping from body to body was retarded. Bonus stupid points awarded at the end when he was "reborn" in the same clothes he was blown up in at the beginning of the movie.

Jason X does have one of the greatest clean kills with the frozen face bit.
    That was indeed a very good kill.

If I have to rank them, it would be:

5/3 (tie)
    FvJ
    X
    JGTH (if it actually existed)

10. The MPAA got on Elm Streets back at the same time forcing them to make similar cuts.