Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6474767778798082 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Friday the 13th

1. Just noticed this...Terrordrome, a free, fan-made fighting game that's been in the works since 2005 that allows you to control a ton of major slasher villains finally released the final version (2.9) late last year. The character roster is set at 14 and includes two versions of Jason (Part 3 and Part 7), Freddy, Michael Myers, Pinhead, Ash, Leatherface, Herbert West, Chucky, and so on. The character sprites are high-res and well-animated, and each character has their own stage and unique move list, with many of the moves based on shit they did in their respective movies.

It's no Street Fighter 3 in terms of complexity, but I've played some of the earlier versions and in comparison, the final plays very solidly, controls well, and appears to be pretty much glitch/bug free. Plus, you can tell that the dude who made it is really a huge horror movie fan...each character is very true to their cinematic counterparts with lots of nice little touches, including the official music, voice samples, and more.

It's free, so download it and check it out: http://www.terrordrome-thegame.com/
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Apr 2014 at 09:11 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. SPAM!

3. Damn you.

4. <3

5. Did they finally finish it even after the CnD they got?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. I remember...they had to pull some characters from one of the builds because of that. Not sure what happened between then and now, but the game's finished and the missing characters are back in.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Apr 2014 at 03:48 PM.

7. Dude that directed 07's The Signal and a segment from V/H/S in negotiations to direct. Found footage still a possibility.

The Signal wasn't that bad from what I can remember. Found footage is still a shit idea, though.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. Still a shit idea, but the segment in VHS he directed was probably the best part about that movie, so at least they have someone who might do a solid job with the concept.

At least things are moving forward. The lack of news was starting to bother me.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. A new television series announced today. From Deadline:

After slicing and dicing his way through a dozen feature films, Jason Voorhees is ready to slash his way to small-screen stardom. Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment have set a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of Friday The 13th. Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, will be executive producer along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla, Mark Canton of Atmosphere Entertainment MM, Steve B. Harris of Diversion3 Entertainment, and Ted Fox of Fox Entertainment.

Also producing is Horror Inc. president Robert Barsamian, who produced the features.
    Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) have been set to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Roy Knyrim (Gods And Monsters) of SOTA FX will coordinate the special make-up effects for the series. If you recall, the original was set at a summer camp, closed because of the drowning of an unattended child. Promiscuous counselors tried to re-open the place, but they began dying. Jason actually took root as the indestructible villain in the second film, with his signature hockey goalie mask. The series is contemporary, focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed.

Jason Voorhees is synonymous with the genre and we plan to build on this legacy with a provocative and compelling take that expands upon the storylines that have already thrilled millions worldwide,” explained Cunningham. Said Barsamian: “Expect the show to take viewers in some exciting new directions that we’re confident will not only excite existing fans of Friday The 13th but also attract new audiences to the situations and characters that inhabit the small town of Crystal Lake.”
    Well alright then.

ALSO: Starting tomorrow, you can buy a Jason Horror Buddy here. It's made exactly like the old WWF Wrestlin' Buddies from back in the day. There are two designs: regular Jason and, my personal preference, NES Jason.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason-buddy-1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	74016  
    Last edited by BerringerX; 24 Apr 2014 at 03:30 PM.

10. Um...yeah. Dat TV series. Weird.

As for the Jason Horror Buddy, I assume the NES version is a sure purchase for you, Berringer.