Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

I've only been playing for about six weeks. The game is definitely better than when I quit the first time, but it's still pretty shallow. However, everything else sucks, and playing MMOs saves me a ton of money in stupid impulse purchases.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    playing MMOs saves me a ton of money in stupid impulse purchases.

Word up

3. Agree. Also is this Rampant fronting, still... fronting? I'm getting into the game again. Currently alliance on BWL

4. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Oh please. If it wasn't for the mostly all sheepable instances and raids in TBC, mages would get passed over repeatedly. The damage coeffecient was a dumb fucking move and they shouldn't nerf shadow priests, they should fix mages. All the forum whining was about being outdps'ed in general by everyone, not by shadow priests.

We're squishy targets that can do nothing of worth besides dps. We should be at the top, no question, without having to aoe like assholes. The coeffecient means I am constantly struggling to stay at the top.
    Oh please your face. You guys got arguably one of the most enjoyable upgrades from the expansion. Just get some better damage gear and enjoy your class. I'm just sick of not having anything new to look forward too when it comes to patches. I just cringe every time they take something away.

I mean for godsake at least take mind soothe out of the spell book.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

5. Ha, reminds me of Warlocks during the first year after beta. They were nerfed EVERY single patch until they were uber buffed and fixed the debuff limit. Went from free kills to pvp gods.

6. Hmm, I was figuring this would be the exansion where they take back Gnomeregan and introduce flying mounts into Azeroth (just how long are they going to sit on that Ironforge airport?).

If I thought I could be competitive without committing to dozens of 8-hour-long raids, I'd stil be playing. Perhaps Warhammer will renew my interest in MMOs, since I love the tabletop game.

I want something more action-y like Huxley, but I have this fear that Huxley won't be very good. Maybe its the content difference between console and PC (even though they play on the same servers), maybe its the fact that a good MMOFPS would be hard for any company to pull off, much less a Korean company that has never made an FPS.

7. Quote Originally Posted by UrielSynthesis View Post
    Hmm, I was figuring this would be the exansion where they take back Gnomeregan and introduce flying mounts into Azeroth (just how long are they going to sit on that Ironforge airport?).
    Until every zone in Azeroth is completed, I'd say. So at least another 2 years.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Agree. Also is this Rampant fronting, still... fronting? I'm getting into the game again. Currently alliance on BWL
    Yes, and we need mo ppl.

9. it will be lively, until Halo3 and rest of holiday bunch hits the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    My complaint has been for ages:
    You can get through 1-60 fine with decent gear pretty much solo. Sure you need 5-10 people to run and instance but its not brain surgery.

60 raids hit, good gear suddenly requires 40 people.
    So playing with other people in an MMO sucks?

I thought that was the point.

You have 5 man instances and an awesome 10 man raid, with another coming.

And the only problem with the 25 man raids are finding 24 other people who don't suck to actually show up the one night you want to try it. How the hell did we ever field a 40 man?? Nothing in this game is hard, and nothing it asks you to do is even remotely as difficult as pretty much any console game ever made. The challenge comes from playing with people's relatives, girlfriends, etc., who suck.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery