Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Corpse Party

1. Japan Corpse Party

So this game was just released on PSN this week for PSP as a digital exclusive and I noticed that we didn't have a thread about it.

http://www.corpsepartypsp.com/

The game's story is set in Heavenly Host Elementary School an elementary school that was torn down following the murders and disappearances of several of its staff and students. By the start of the series, another school called Kisaragi Academy has been built over the elementary school site. One night, a group of students from Kisaragi are telling ghost stories about the old school when they are suddenly transported by a mysterious earthquake to another dimension where Heavenly Host Elementary still exists and is haunted by the ghosts of the school's murdered children. The player takes control of the Kisaragi Academy students as they try to find their way home and survive the other mysterious forces that haunt the school.
    I picked this up after it hit PSN and have been playing it a good bit, I've cleared the first 4 chapters so far. It's essentially an adventure/visual novel game. Similar to 999 but with 16 bit style sprite exploration.

I must say this game is all kinds of dark and twisted. The shit that happens to some of the characters is all kinds of fucked up and that's in the good endings. The wrong ends are even worse.

If you're a fan of adventure games you really need to hop on PSN and support xseeds localization of the game (which is excellent btw). I'm not done yet but it's definitely better than 999, the puzzles aren't quite as strong but I don't see the story in this one taking a complete nonsense turn like 999 did.

Did anyone else pick this up?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Not yet, but I'm tempted. Do the puzzles make reasonable amounts of sense? Is there any indication of what kind of ending you're headed towards?

3. Wow, this looks right up my alley. I didn't even know it existed until I saw this thread.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Not yet, but I'm tempted. Do the puzzles make reasonable amounts of sense? Is there any indication of what kind of ending you're headed towards?
    So far all the puzzles have been completely logical, though one was a bit overly complex requiring a pen and paper to write out.

Ending wise so far it has just been the main ending for each chapter and a bunch of you fucked up and died in horrible horrible ways endings.

EDIT: The opening to chapter five was fucking horrific.
    Last edited by bbobb; 26 Nov 2011 at 02:15 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. 999 is in my pile of shame. Does it really get lame as it goes on?

BTW, I've been toying with the idea of picking up a PSP 3000, and this game is making me want one even more. Is it worth picking a PSP up if I can get it cheap?

6. 999 is pretty awesome up until you start getting to the true ending. And then holy shit it kind of makes me hate everything else in retrospect.

I have a bunch of rad PSP games so I'd say it's worth picking up. And remember that all of your PSN games will transfer over to Vita for free.

(UMD transfers will be possible on a case-by-case basis but it'll cost)
    Last edited by epmode; 26 Nov 2011 at 05:27 PM.

I have a ton of PSP games that I love, but it's up to you. I usually look for either 5 games in a relatively new console or 10 for an older one that I really, really want to play. That's when I decide it's worth it.

I am swamped with games but I'll definitely drop money in this, at the very least for support.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Seriously considering the PSP. I've actually been playing games more on portables lately...my DS is getting a hell of a workout. There's been several titles on PSP that have caught my eye, such as the Megaman X remake, Darkstalkers, etc. And I'm really interested in Corpse Party...hard to believe it was originally made with RPG Maker.

Any other good horror games on the PSP?

9. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    999 is pretty awesome up until you start getting to the true ending. And then holy shit it kind of makes me hate everything else in retrospect.
    The true ending of 999 ruins the entire game. It's so fucking incredibly stupid.

As for horror games on the PSP... ummm there were the Silent Hill games. I think that's about it for those, but there is shit tons of awesome games on the system. It's well worth the $99 you can get a 3000 system for right now.

10. Id just take that money and put it towards a Vita. It plays all PSP games at 4x the res with second stick support.