Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3:10 to Yuma

1. 3:10 to Yuma

normally i'm not a fan of remakes but i don't think you can go wrong with a Western starring Christian Bale and Russel Crowe. i've always been a BIG Bale fan and Crowe was really good in A Beautiful Mind. Ben Foster (Angel in X3) and Kevin Durand (Mystery Alaska, also with Crowe) are also in it.

-A small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher.-

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/310toyuma/

Click for full size

Click for full size

2. Do I need to say day one?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Im really excited about this one actually. I honestly dont have as huge a problem with remakes when the original is really old you just couldnt do nearly as much in movies 50 years ago as you you can now. Also when actual thought time and care are put into the production as this looks like its doing.

4. Remakes are fine if you have something you can improve upon the original ( The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - yes / The Longest Yard - no) or put a modern spin on a truely dated movie (Oceans 11 - yes / Bad News Bears - no).

You also need to keep the in-theater original to remake ratio over 9 : 1 otherwise sand starts to develop inside the vaginas.

Now this 3:10 to Yuma... it has a solid cast, great director and a slew of advancements in filming and stuntwork that will be certain to kick some ass.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

First time i saw the commercial i thought to myself:
    "Why is Christian Bale and Russell Crowe in a made for T.V. Movie?"

Than i realized it was a theatrical release. Im not a big fan of westers besides the obvious. But i may check it out anyway.

I wonder how long before they remake The Magnificent Seven.

JBNagis

6. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I wonder how long before they remake The Magnificent Seven.
    Please be ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon View Post
    Please be ironic.
    I know. but how many people actually know its a Remake?

JBNagis

8. Ben Foster is the fucked up kid in Six Feet Under right? I couldn't place him in X3 until later and I was amazed.

9. I love westerns now (never did as a kid, but I really have gotten into them over the last two years). It's been long enough that such a played out genre can really feel fresh. The only thing I'd worry about is the addition of too many modern cinema touches. I don't want Once Upon a Time in the Old West all CG'ed and shaky cammed.

10. I watched The Shootist last night... regardless of not liking the acting styles of John Wayne. It was filmed in 1976 and despite not having the 70's trademark sex and gore, it did have that dark feel to it.

Books (Wayne) is dieing of cancer. And while staying in a local boarding house, he prepares his last stand. America's favorite man of morals, Jimmy Stewart, plays the doctor who talks Books into going out in a blaze of bullets, rather than wither away shitting himself in bed.

I brought this movie up because over half of it was shot inside the house and a lot of it is done so with steady cam, something you didn't see prior to the seventies and certainly not in the wide open spaces of a western. So, here it gave you a sense of claustrophobia. A feeling I believe a man would get knowing he was going to die.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 07 Aug 2007 at 04:46 PM.