Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread V: Vs. Tommy Gunn

1. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl View Post
    Same here, but just because I was being cheap at the time. Company always gets the wired controller.
    I got the wired because my boyfriend needed something to play on, and it was an open-package deal. I'm cheap

2. Stranglehold needed to steal the cover mechanic from D2R. As it is, it's too sloppy to be compared to the likes of Max Payne. The camera feels like they originally had it in first person, but changed it to third at the last moment.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. This game is supremely stupid. Anyone who compares this to Max Payne in any light but a completely unfavorable and insulting one is stupid.
    Last edited by Andy; 09 Aug 2007 at 03:06 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. It made me crack the fuck up when I was in precision aim trying to shoot a gun out of a guy's hand. The whole game went silent and the guy just kind of moans and shakes his arm in a "dude what the hell was that for" sort of way that seemingly never ends.

I don't know. For as much shit as I heard about it, it's better than I expected it to be. It's sloppy as hell (chow yun i-run-through-wood-things-that-break, really sporadic framerate, way too easy to slide over things without thinking about it, uggo people), but I'm still having fun with it. Seems like it'd be a really good game with more polish. I'll probably rent it.

It's definitely no Max Payne, yeah.

5. Since I work at Best Buy I can use the store's system to check out for items being released and whatnot. I printed out the screen with all the info listed below. I was going to take a picture with my cell, but the quality sucks. This is basically all the news I could gather:

- Xbox 360 Pro System w/HDMI is a DIFFERENT sku from all other 360s.
    - Release date on these is 09/01/07
    - For some reason, the dimensions of the box and item are different. I don't know if the box means the item it's shipped in or the actual box itself and if the item is the system itself, or if the box if the 360 box, or if the box is the box shipped in and the item is the 360 box. The weight leads me to believe that the box is the item that we get and the item are the 360 boxes since weight of the box is almost double of that item and each box comes with 2 Xbox 360s if I'm not mistaken.

Here are the dimensions for the old 360/Elite:

Box:
    Length: 15.1300 IN
    Width: 11.8100 IN
    Height: 12.8100 IN
    Weight: 31.0100 LB

Item:
    Length: 7.3100 IN
    Width: 11.5000 IN
    Height: 12.5000 IN
    Weight: 14.9100 LB

Here it is for the new HDMI "Pro" 360:

Box:
    Length: 11.5000 IN
    Width: 7.3100 IN
    Weight: 16.6700 LB

Item:
    Length: 11.5000 IN
    Width: 7.3100 IN
    Weight: 16.6700 LB

So that probably means each box we get contains only one system. However, as you can see, the systems did get a little heavier. The boxes themselves changed in size as well.

I'll address any questions you guys may have.
    I posted that over at CAG. Some new info if any of you care.

6. 360s premiums with HDMI list HDMI on the outside of the box......
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Whether or not they have the new processors is the big question.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Whether or not they have the new processors is the big question.
    Unless some brave soul decides to buy one and open it up (which I'm pretty sure someone will within a month), we won't find out.

9. I expect we'll know within a few days. Tech heads love tearing them apart.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. So, MS was kind enough to replace my faulty wireless headset with a new one.

They were not, however, kind enough to include an A/C adapter. So I called them back, saying I sent mine in with the old headset and they did not include one with the new one. So, rather than just sending me one, they're going to try to track down the one I sent in with my old headset at the repair center. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!