Page 1 of 102 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread V: Vs. Tommy Gunn

1. Official Xbox 360 Thread V: Vs. Tommy Gunn

From the last thread:

* New 360 update available, making the system ready for wireless guitar controllers.

* The Halo 3 Xbox 360 is stupidly priced at $400. Deal would have been better if they included a wireless headset.

* Price drops occur on 8/8. Core - $280 (LOL), Premium - $350, Elite - $450

* Science explains why 360's die.

* Eternal Sonata US Demo is now available.
    Last edited by Cowdisease; 07 Aug 2007 at 01:47 PM.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. Ok, so I don't care about downloading movies, but may decide to get a few XBLA games. I assume the core system is completely gimped. Premium would be the way to go, then?

Waiting out the new chipset.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 07 Aug 2007 at 01:54 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Ok, so I don't care about downloading movies, but may decide to get a few XBLA games. I assume the core system is completely gimped. Premium would be the way to go, then?
    Do you plan on getting a TV with HDMI as well, because if so, then the choice is Elite. Otherwise, Premium + cheap Play & Charge Kit via the TNL/Amazon store should do the trick.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Why are we still having this conversation?
    Forget the core pack even exists.
    Go premium or go home.

5. Probably not going HD for television for several years. Staying on standard def really doesn't break my heart.

6. If you have a computer monitor (which you should, since you're posting on an Internet forum), just buy a used VGA cable from Gamestop/EB for $10 and you can get HD graphics through your monitor.

SD is pretty atrocious for the majority of 360 games (i.e., they are not very well optimized for it).

7. * New 360 update available, making the system ready for wireless guitar controllers.
    That's it? Lame.

8. The update makes it so I have to open and close the disc tray before the game will play. Nice work MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    Why are we still having this conversation?
    Forget the core pack even exists.
    Go premium or go home.
    Is it really that useless?
    I was thinking of getting a Core, a VGA cable, and a 512MB memory card, and it would still cost less than the premium.
    I don't need to download demos and movies, and flash memory has faster access than HDD.
    I haven't payed attention to the 360 for a few months, but I don't remember there being any large updates or patches that wouldn't fit on a memory card.

10. If you plan on using XBL, then yes, the Core is useless. You need that HD for downloadable content that makes games function well. Premium all the way.