Page 1272 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 125812681270127112721273127412761286 ... LastLast
Results 12,711 to 12,720 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Ahhh, job is working out looks like! Freelance for big software clients doing tutorials and the like. Easy-peasy. Everybody there seems really cool; motorcycles parked in the lobby, super-casual, small operation. It'll be a nice contact to have if everything goes well!

Enjoying California! It's nice being in a "living" city again. Jesus man, they've got "Portal 2" billboards up in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Way I look at it, a place should be able to choose. If a place allows smoking and you don't like it, don't go. People in the United States just like to whine about everything now every chance they get. People get all uppity about smoking or people smoking near where they are and they live in a city with poor air quality. I don't get it.

People not smoking is a good thing and choosing to be away from it is also good but people who choose to smoke shouldn't be seen as these evil people. They should have a place they can smoke inside if they want just like there should be a place for people that don't smoke.
    Except when a bartender and other staff have to sit there in a smoke laden room to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Ahhh, job is working out looks like! Freelance for big software clients doing tutorials and the like. Easy-peasy. Everybody there seems really cool; motorcycles parked in the lobby, super-casual, small operation. It'll be a nice contact to have if everything goes well!

Enjoying California! It's nice being in a "living" city again. Jesus man, they've got "Portal 2" billboards up in here.
    This is awesome. It's amazing how not being timid and just going for it can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Except when a bartender and other staff have to sit there in a smoke laden room to earn a living.
    Ah well, the same goes for them. It's an associated risk for the people who choose such a profession to have them constantly around smoke. Nobody is forcing a bartender or server to be a bartender or server at a place that allows smoking.

A lot of places in PA now (and I believe all main-purpose restaurants) are smoke free but there are still places for smokers to go. There are more non-smoking places than there is smoking places. More people don't smoke than do smoke. I think PA has it nailed down pretty well.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Ah well, the same goes for them. It's an associated risk for the people who choose such a profession to have them constantly around smoke. Nobody is forcing a bartender or server to be a bartender or server at a place that allows smoking.

A lot of places in PA now (and I believe all main-purpose restaurants) are smoke free but there are still places for smokers to go. There are more non-smoking places than there is smoking places. More people don't smoke than do smoke. I think PA has it nailed down pretty well.
    It's silly for smokers to put others in an uncomfortable position for a habit they choose to do. If you want to smoke, go outside. That way everyone wins. You have a cigarette and I don't have to breathe in the shit nor does anyone else. I can't wait until smoking anywhere but a home is illegal.

This song. Hot shit.

6. Got my laptop back. Or rather a laptop back. Seems my laptop was so borked when I sent it in for a warranty repair they replaced the whole fucking thing. Go apple care warranty. Also I can't find the life sucks thread on the first 3 pages despite wanting to post in it. So I suppose that's a win as well.

Depression is back hard after having a 12 days off, guess it wasn't the pills helping on that front. Upside: I have energy to do stuff still, so the pills partially work.

I'll count this overall as a win, I'm making progress to finding a way to manage this thing.
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 29 Mar 2011 at 06:47 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    It's silly for smokers to put others in an uncomfortable position for a habit they choose to do. If you want to smoke, go outside. That way everyone wins. You have a cigarette and I don't have to breathe in the shit nor does anyone else. I can't wait until smoking anywhere but a home is illegal.
    But if "everyone wins" when smokers go outside, as you proposed, why would you want them to only do it in a home? That doesn't even make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. The same shit smokers give non-smokers is being turned back.

I honestly wished I never had to deal with cigarettes. I can't walk a block in NYC without someone's cigarette smoke wafting in my face.

9. It's sunny out, after 2 weeks straight of rain. I'm pretty ok with the sun right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. A record store I usually visit had dancehall 45s for $3.99. I almost shat myself.