Page 1548 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 153415441546154715481549155015521562 ... LastLast
Results 15,471 to 15,480 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    After a whole year of not exercising much at all, I began running again last month. I just finished my eighth week. Feels good.
    Oh, and someone gave me a hotass pair of jeans a few months ago, but they were too tight. I tried them on last night, and they fit perfectly. Bam.

Also also: I danced for 6 hours this weekend. I've had worse days for sure.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    I began my first week at 10 miles, and have been increasing my running total by one mile each week. This week I ran 17 miles over four days; 4 on Monday and Wednesday, and 3 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Once I hit 20 miles, I'll increase by two miles each week.

I broke down and bought an iPod Nano a few weeks ago; I have been running without music for a while. Listening to podcasts of various NPR shows makes the runs much more entertaining! I get some strange looks when I start laughing out of the blue.
    A few Summers ago I was running around 7 miles (in one exercise) on a nearly daily basis. Maybe you've got a better body than me, but I'd advise against this type of distance running on the street if you're doing it a lot. I tore the lateral meniscus in my left knee just from wear and tear and I suspect I also have a small tear in my right knee. I hate running on treadmills so I can understand that but perhaps you may want to find a track, otherwise your feet, ankles and knees are really going to pay.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    A few Summers ago I was running around 7 miles (in one exercise) on a nearly daily basis. Maybe you've got a better body than me, but I'd advise against this type of distance running on the street if you're doing it a lot. I tore the lateral meniscus in my left knee just from wear and tear and I suspect I also have a small tear in my right knee. I hate running on treadmills so I can understand that but perhaps you may want to find a track, otherwise your feet, ankles and knees are really going to pay.
    Each terrain has its downfalls. Street running is apparently most common in the US, and as a result, we have a lot more knee problems. In other parts of the world, people prefer running on trails, but that leads to a lot more ankle injuries. I try to keep my weight down to keep my legs and feet happy; I've kept between 135 and 145 for the last few years. My current weekly mileage increase program was actually recommended by a doctor a few years ago. I keep my weekly increases pretty low so that all of the supporting tendons and whatever can build up along with the muscle tissue. I should probably run on a different surface, but I dislike running on a track and in a gym to the point that I just won't bother. I would rather have bad knees than diabetes.

I also run different mileages every day. I take every Sunday off as a rest day, and I cycle easy and hard days.

I locked down my FB page, and removed all friends. feels good, man.

Gonna wait to see what happens with timeline, privacy, and the right to be forgotten before I decide what to do with that account.

Basically, don't take it personally that I deleted your ass. I deleted everyone.

Note: I had to delete Ramon three times before it would stick.

5. What about google+?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

What about it?

7. Are you still on it? I never was.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Yeah, it's locked down pretty tight, and I've locked down my google history too.

btw... if you've not done that yet take that ass to www.google.com/history and do it.

9. I'm like a clingy girlfriend.

10. ITT: We fear our past.