Page 1979 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 196519751977197819791980198119831993 ... LastLast
Results 19,781 to 19,790 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. It's so fucking embarrassing. Meanwhile in the Alaskan City of Valdez, the city is blocked off. Why? An avalanche cut off the town. How high of snow? 30-40 feet.

http://www.adn.com/2014/01/28/329546...te-weighs.html
    Last edited by Advocate; 29 Jan 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I saw my high school friend posting on Facebook from her car, apparently stuck for 8+ hours driving home from work until she gave up and walked to a friends house. Sad/hilarious.

3. Quote Originally Posted by NY Times
    Less than three inches of snow fell in the Atlanta region, but it left roads impassable and children stuck in schools. Above, a man offered food to stuck drivers on Wednesday.
    Atlanta

wat r u doing

Atlanta

stahp

Remember when I made an ass of myself by not taking the plight of the northeast.seriously when it got hit by a hurricane and everyone was like " you tool, you're used to it. We aren't!"

Probably not. Continue on hypocritically complaining about how the oranges aren't like the apples.

5. If it was a foot of snow, I would totally get it. I had to drive home last week in a foot-of-snow storm and it was rough. If you've never done it before, yea.

But look at those pictures! The roads are fine. Just drive where the car in front of you drove. Three inches!

6. But it's not torrential rain and flooding. It's LESS THAN 3 inches of snow.
    Do southern cars only come equipped with slicks?

Pretend it is alien unicorn blood. That is how unaccustomed these people are.

8. I'm pretty sure I could still drive through 3 inches of alien unicorn blood.
    I've never been in a tornado before, but I've seen enough movies and shit to have a general idea of how to handle the situation should I find myself in one.

9. The thing that gets me are pictures like here. Yes, internet collection of pictures, grain of salt, but a couple of those complete flips of SUVs onto their roofs are fucking impressive.

Lol at the idea that movies could teach you how to deal with a tornado. Water kills the witch, right?

Imo, southerners over react to snow because of the ice storm of 1994 where some areas were covered in as much as 6 inches of solid ice.

Snow doesn't behave the same way here. It rarely stays snow. Go to work in the morning through snow. The sun melts it around lunch. Come about 3 the temp drops below freezing and it becomes a sheet of ice.

We don't have anything to deal with that.

We don't teach people how to drive on it.

Seriously, do you think sats knows what to do if she hits ice going 60?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 29 Jan 2014 at 12:49 PM.