Page 2257 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 224322532255225622572258225922612271 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,570 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Everyone I met off here was great. I think any of you that haven't met IP would be surprised at how chill he is.

I'll post something more detailed when i get home, but I've been having a great time here. Just got to San Diego.

2. ahhhhh I love San Diego!!!! It’s sooo beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. My trip to America was a lot of fun! Here's a basic rundown of my impressions:

Los Angeles - Fantastic, but hard work. It's a very ugly unexplorable city that requires car transportation, but if you do your research before going, you will love it. I watched all of the comedy. Best meal I ate there was tacos from a joint called Guisados.

Portland - Great food, beautiful nature, a massive brewery culture and legalised cannabis - What more could you ask for? I was very sick for 3 days there which took the wind out of my sails but I still had a great time. Best meals I ate were a pork sandwich from a place called Lardo and pizza slices from Sizzle Pie.

Las Vegas - Soulless excess wrapped in faux glamour, a monument to everything that is wrong with our culture. I will never go back.

Nashville - A gem of a city, super friendly people with an earnest love of music. I don't even like country music and I still had a blast. Best thing I ate there and probably overall for my trip was hot chicken from Hattie B's. I had to wait in line for an hour and a half but it was totally worth it. So fucking good.

San Diego - A chilled out, smaller version of Los Angeles with beautiful beaches and an amazing park. Best meal I ate there was a burrito and a michelada from a Mexican joint called Pokez.

Ranking of burger chains I tried:

Five Guys
    In-N-Out Burger
    Jack In The Box
    Wendys
    McDonald's
    Johnny Rockets
    Umami Burger
    Burger King
    White Castle

List of comedians I saw that I already knew of in no particular order:

Theo Von
    Todd Glass
    Andy Santino
    Joe Rogan
    Bobby Lee
    Ari Shaffir
    Ali Wong
    Chris D'elia
    Don Barris
    Josh Martin
    Brody Stevens
    Russell Peters
    Tony Hinchcliffe
    Brian Redban
    Mike Lawrence
    The Sklar Brothers
    Dean Del Rey
    Erik Griffin
    Taylor Tomlinson
    Bryan Callen
    Fahim Anwar
    Steve Rannazzisi
    Annie Lederman
    Jamar Neighbors

4. Put McDonald's at the bottom of your list and I'd 100% agree.

Maybe he went to one in a nice area?

6. their food is heavily processed to be no different no matter where you get it from.
    I’ll eat the buttermilk chicken in a pinch, but those flavorless greae filled sponges they call burgers are the worst.

It makes me wonder how bad Johnny rockets is

8. I like Johnny Rockets.
    Years ago when all we had around here were Wendys, Burger King, and McDonald's a Johnny Rockets opened up in a local mall. I liked the 50s era theme and the burgers were cooked on demand so that alone put them above the fast food joints. Last time I went to one though I wasn't that impressed. I'd put them above Wendys full size hamburgers, but I prefer the jr burgers overall.

I used to hit up Johnny Rockets whenever I went to Myrtle Beach, but I was not impressed last time I went. Maybe they just had an off day but I really would have rather has a McDonald's burger.

10. My guess (at least for this area) is that Red Robin and Five Guys moved into town and kinda stole JR's "slightly more upscale than fast food" market and so they went to cheaper quality food to make up the difference.