Page 2292 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 227822882290229122922293229422962306 ... LastLast
Results 22,911 to 22,920 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. shorter answer: yes, I'd like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Honestly, I probably care more about it than she does. She's very much the kind of person who doesn't need things like that, which is more reason why I want to find something nice first
    If you're def serious about it, that "something nice" you want to find first has TONS of potential. Like doing something together you both like but surprising her with friends and a party to witness, or taking a trip to a place neither of you haven't been to. Obvs it depends on the stuff you two do.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    My ring is a fifty cent piece that we hammered into a ring on a tiny anvil while watching bad sci fi movies over a spring. My wife has a silver quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I proposed without a ring. Who gives a fuck?
    My wife was adamant about not wanting the "three months salary" nonsense, but I walked into a jewelry store and saw her ring set and it was perfect for her. I had the money at the time and did it. She wears it for social stuff but not much else. My ring was a $75 ceramic thing I got at Kohl's and then I lost all the weight so it slips off my finger. Since we're so active now, we got alternatives.

What I wear: https://www.amazon.com/ROQ-Silicone-.../dp/B074GXMXJN
    What she wears: https://www.amazon.com/ROQ-Silicone-.../dp/B06Y1X9QWB

3. Those look great! I'd definitely be into something like that for the bands. I'd want the engagement ring to be a little nice though - I was thinking something with her birthstone (peridot) and a gold band. It doesn't have to cost 3-months, it'd be way better if it didn't, and she already likes that idea over something generic like diamonds.

4. Trinitite would make a cool gemstone.

5. On one hand, that's cool as hell.

On the other, not quite the same sentimental value as a birthstone.

6. I proposed without a ring as well.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I proposed without a ring as well.
    How did it work out?

8. She gave him her ring.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Hero I’m glad you have a nice lady supporting you. And you seem to be not doing so bad if you’re only working once every three months. You just need to fill in more time with more work.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Checking the same kind of sites is fine, I don't think that's the issue. When they check that site and then want that value plus 40% that is the issue. You have a captive audience of more people than would come into your store/see your shit on ebay/see your listing on let go on an average day. People who paid money to be at this con, you shouldn't be charging them more. I know the dude who brings candy cabs to a lot of these cons. He said Sunday morning before the con opened most of the vendors were bitching and moaning that they weren't selling any thing. Don't expect me to pay to get in and then pay you an extortionate price on top of that.

That one dude who goes to all of these cons with basically just import games, was so fucking over priced the last few times I've seen his booth. I don't really care for getting shit CIB, but when I can get the game complete shipped from Japan off ebay for 15 bucks cib, why the fuck am I going to pay you 30 for cart only that looks like you wiped your ass with it.

The few booths with decent prices that were willing to make deals were busy as fuck the entire con. The booths with ridiculous prices that wouldn't budge were sitting there on their phones being ignored every time I walked by. People aren't as stupid or out of touch with the pricing of shit as these vendors seem to think.
    I didn't see the +40% you are talking about at AVGC. Maybe I am not up and up on the prices. However, I do see same level of prices on everything and the games I was interested in (NES) were mostly ebay +/-10% or so among all the vendors. I don't think we can expect to see any deals at cons any more, with a few exceptions. There was one vendor who were selling off his PS1 collection at very reasonable prices, and he was basically out by noon on the first day.

I do like to browse and see rarer titles, and this year was very disappointing. There was literally nothing rare but jacked up scalper crap (like the new PS4 Pro, the anniversary edition). I didn't see Panzer Dragoon Saga, or even Little Samson (which I don't even consider rare).