Page 2301 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 22872297229923002301230223032305 ... LastLast
Results 23,001 to 23,010 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. I don't mind either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    This semester, I designed an Intro to Game Studies course for my university, and it was finally approved by the academic senate. Starting in August, they will pay me to talk about video game history!
    Drew lampooning aside, this is rad af. Like....talk about a dream job!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Most of us have met each other and all that jazz, but no one has met you and you’re fucking amazing at everything. Some people don’t believe it. You’re also kinda twatty about it sometimes, so that makes people not want to believe it.

Also, robobo
    Yes - that’s why I don’t hold it against anyone having made no effort to integrate. I just fail to see how complaining about being bored w this new research work is perceived so negatively (it’s not even lucrative work). I generally try to act supportive and ask questions about other’s successes here.

But my goal was to vent in a private forum so the skepticism doesn’t matter. I’m not going to change so I’m not upset others aren’t either.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 Mar 2019 at 12:14 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    This semester, I designed an Intro to Game Studies course for my university, and it was finally approved by the academic senate. Starting in August, they will pay me to talk about video game history!
    What college does this fall under? Arts? Are you planning on playing any games or just review history? You’ve really managed to cut out a big career in this topic.

I met a professor in Buffalo using games to experiment w Sense and Perception but any online game component required ferpa compliance. I think it was stuff like Fortnite though.

5. Melf that absolutely rules. Congratulations!

It also rules that Drew somehow managed to make Melf's post about him. At a certain point, you just have to admire humblebragging, ohyeahmetooism, and one-upsmanship as crafts. Anyone can sniff their own farts, but to watch a guy distill and free base them is a rare treat indeed.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 09 Mar 2019 at 01:05 PM.

6. Just curious about ideas he has for the curriculum and what he’s going to teach in class. Specifically if there were any concerns about privacy if students were playing any online games.

I’d prefer to keep this about Melf though, thanks.

7. (Good job Melf! Have you taught before?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. lol I literally currently work for a lab that does gaming/VR research and I still managed to not mention that because it has zero things to do with Melf being a rad professor! Post up that syllabus fam! Are you making the kids buy your sega book or other articles/books for the text? I want to take your class
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. But you did mention it...

10. I mean yea why take an interest in something positive going on in someone’s life and ask questions 😂. What if he actually answers them and starts a discussion about it. How rude.