Page 2302 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 22882298230023012302230323042306 ... LastLast
Results 23,011 to 23,020 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Anyway, I used to talk to people about games. You could sorta consider me a professor of a sort.
    I stopped teaching because people kept asking me to teach them and ruined the experience of teaching entirely.
    But lets keep this about Melf. It's his moment.

2. Ya. I post things to a discussion forum to not discuss them, too. I’d rather threads be dormant for weeks. Maybe months if things work out perfectly.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Are you making the kids buy your sega book or other articles/books for the text?
    Melf should absolutely be a total dick and make all of his books a mandatory part of the curriculum. Make them buy doubles!

4. That's A Perk of Being A Professor, after all! They've got loans, fuck it. Get paid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Life Is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    But you did mention it...
    I am making a POINT, SSJN

Melf are you going to talk about TNL in class? Because it would be a great teaching moment. “I used to love games....then I found THEM....”
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    What college does this fall under? Arts?
    Arts & Humanities. It'll be a higher English elective that students from multiple colleges can take. Another professor from Fine Arts got classes on Intro to Game Design and Graphic Design approved, and we're going to team up to develop a minor in gaming. Our goal is to offer a BA in game design.

Are you planning on playing any games or just review history? You’ve really managed to cut out a big career in this topic.
    Part of the class is straight up history, but the other deals with women and minorities in gaming, and we'll be covering different pioneers and events throughout history when we get to those topics.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    (Good job Melf! Have you taught before?)
    I've been a college English professor for over 20 years, but this is the first time I've taught this class. I literally had to create the syllabus, and then it had to be approved at the departmental, college, and institutional levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Post up that syllabus fam!
    That's mostly objectives and theoretic crap, but I will post the introduction when I have it done. That has the reading list and evaluation. That's where the meat of the course is!

Are you making the kids buy your sega book or other articles/books for the text? I want to take your class
    They're both on the syllabus, and the new one will be added when it's published. I will recommend them, but I feel like a douche for making them buy my stuff, lol. I'm a horrible self-promoter.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I am making a POINT, SSJN

Melf are you going to talk about TNL in class? Because it would be a great teaching moment. “I used to love games....then I found THEM....”
    Lol. We'll be talking about the influence of online communities in the indie market and homebrew, so TNL will definitely come up, particularly its heydey in the early 2000s.

That's real cool, man.

Yeah. Excellent.

10. That is so goddamn rad. Literally my dream course. BIG, HUGE props for talking about women and minorities in gaming. Please report back on how this goes - I absolutely want to see what you're reading for class and what you're discussing from week to week. Seriously.....so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread