Page 2095 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 208120912093209420952096209720992109 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,950 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. I know I've been absent from TNL lately (I've been pretty off the grid with social media in general) but I just got hired today as Executive Sous Chef for an Irish pub called The Blarney Stone in West Chester, PA. I was really fortunate to get set up with the interview through a friend who is friends with the Executive Chef. The salary I was offered for the position isn't exactly at the high end for similar positions but it's not bad either and is a very significant raise from what I was making as a line cook. I am super pumped. The chef and I meshed together very well and have a very similar outlook in how to run a kitchen. I've got another two weeks before I start but I'm still very excited.

3. I finally installed Ad Block Plus (disabled for TNL, but I subscribe anyway).
    Holy Fuck, it's like a new innernets. Everything loads so quick and nice.

4. It's always so weird when I use a PC without it.

5. I was bitching to a coworker about it being 1998 again with all the popups and ads covering 1/2 the screen and she said you're dumb, how do you not have adblocker?
    My excuse is I go to maybe 5 sites regularly and it was only recently they all got annoying. I actually stopped going to Comics Should Be Good because of the damn ads.

6. YouTube will be a new fantastic place with the videos you wanted to see.

Darmonde and I just did the same today, coincidentally, because the MH4U wiki page runs like complete shit with ads on.

Everything is so fast and smooth now...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. I don't even mind some ads, but I've had to start using Ad-Block. Some of the streams from TV networks don't work WITHOUT Ad-Block; they just brick after the first commercial.

9. Legit sites making me click in a pop up box that yes, I do wish to leave the site was the breaking point for me.

10. I had stopped using it for a while, but then all of these forums started getting malicious banner jams and that was the last straw.