Page 2 of 2307 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant View Post
    I got a promotion at work this week. Now I'm makin' a whole lot more money. $$$ what.
    nice. congrats!

2. I'm still not working and draining away my savings, yet I'm pretty happy.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

I'm drinking regularly, getting laid regularly, I have some money saved for the first time ever, I have a life plan for the first time really, I'm writing a book I'll probably finish, playing gears with the TNL'ers, and I enjoy my night job.

On the downside my weekends are all fucked and my car is on the way out. But life's not bad.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I just got an oil change and inspection, and my driver's side window works for the first time in 4-5 months.

It made me so happy that I even threw the garbage in my car out!

Funny, I spent the afternoon cleaning, vaccuuming, scrubbing, and waxing the inside and outside of my car.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

6. I just quit my job last week and I couldn't be happier about it. I still have 2 weeks left but now the days are flying by. It's the first time I've had motivation here in 6 months at least. I get to move out of the shit hole that is Silicon Valley and I'll be back in Los Angeles in Sept. I'll be back where all my friends and gf live and that is what I'm looking forward to the most. I don't have a job lined up but that just means plenty of time for relaxation till I find one.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Funny, I spent the afternoon cleaning, vaccuuming, scrubbing, and waxing the inside and outside of my car.
    Nice, I enjoy washing/waxing my car. It is relaxing (for me) unless it is 90s out.

8. Just published my second book with a university press. Have a third in the works. Second year into my Ph.D. A lot of money in the bank. Great girlfriend, great friends, and writing more than ever. On the more superficial nerdy front as applicable to the forum: Re-obtained Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Zwei, and Panzer Saga, along with the Cave import PS2 shooters and Silhouette Mirage (Saturn).

Landed a $14k ghost-writing gig.

Most beautiful, though, is the fact that my Dad's wife (a wealthy, wealthy person) is sending me $6k a month until all my medical bills have been paid off.

I'm a lucky, blessed bastard.
    Last edited by Crafter; 09 Aug 2007 at 05:41 PM.

9. A couple of hot girls walked through the store today.
    It was slow enough that I was able to pleasure myself twice without any customers walking in and ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafter View Post
    Just published my second book with a university press. Have a third in the works. Second year into my Ph.D. A lot of money in the bank. Great girlfriend, great friends, and writing more than ever. On the more superficial nerdy front as applicable to the forum: Re-obtained Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Zwei, and Panzer Saga, along with the Cave import PS2 shooters and Silhouette Mirage (Saturn).

Landed a $14k ghost-writing gig.

Most beautiful, though, is the fact that my Dad's wife (a wealthy, wealthy person) is sending me $6k a month until all my medical bills have been paid off.

I'm a lucky, blessed bastard.
    This is the life I want, minus going for a phd.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie