Page 2142 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 212821382140214121422143214421462156 ... LastLast
Results 21,411 to 21,420 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. I do a lot of comic/anime convention coverage now but this weekend is especially exciting because it is the start of Game On Expo. I know Pax Prime is this weekend but Game On Expo is a celebration of retro gaming and that's just fine with me. You check out their site at azgameonexpo.com and if you interested in seeing what it's all about, I'll be tweeting all weekend starting later today from the event (press pass yea-yuh!) from my Twitter @LegionofSand
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

Something I'd like to do is set up an arcade room at a big con. Go all out with lamanated wood. And other decor to look like an early 80s arcade.

I think a con might have enough traffic of nerds to make the machines profitable

3. Life Is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's a comic book shop with arcade machines though. That's the point right. An arcade that makes money from arcade games can't exist anymore.
    The comic shop is up the strip. This is a second location.
    Which I guess is the same thing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Something I'd like to do is set up an arcade room at a big con. Go all out with lamanated wood. And other decor to look like an early 80s arcade.

I think a con might have enough traffic of nerds to make the machines profitable
    PAX does this for free.

Fuck your pax

6. Life Is Good

Nobody's really making any money a quarter at a time on these things anymore. Classic game rooms with a pay-per-entry price are cropping up anyway.

Price for haul in and setup at a con then tear down and hauling back out has got to be absolutely goofy though. You'd have to be doing it out of love instead of profit motive.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 28 Aug 2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Price for haul in and setup at a con then tear down and hauling back out has got to be absolutely goofy though. You'd have to be doing it out of love instead of profit motive.
    Yep. I go to the Midwest Gaming Classic every year and they have a giant arcade/pinball room open all weekend. The show gives out $5 in "show cash" for each machine someone brings in and they can spend that in the vendor hall. That's hardly worth all the effort these guys go through to set up and maintain the machines all weekend. They do it because they love showing off their huge collections of arcade & pinball machines.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Yeah, I have a bud that brought his Planet Harrier setup, apparently it was a big hit. I wouldn't have let the unwashed masses near the thing of it were me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    An arcade that makes money from arcade games can't exist anymore.

10. Went to the High Line Park in NYC this weekend, which is basically a mile-and-a-half long park built on an old out-of-service elevated train line. It was rad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Line_(New_York_City)

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww