Page 2272 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 225822682270227122722273227422762286 ... LastLast
Results 22,711 to 22,720 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Like I said, they make a bullet list. Then dedicate a chapter to each, and back it up with anecdotal stories. And then there is a summary at the end of the chapter.

And most of it is shit everyone already knows, or is easy to agree with.

it would be like Josh writing a book on not being fat and chapter 3 is "don't be lasy. Now here is a bunch of stories on people that were lazy and fat, and other people that weren't lazy and not fat."
    haha, yeah, basically. To be fair this is like.....most nonfiction books about the human condition, whether psuedo-sociological or economic or psychological or whatever. They can provide valuable insights, for sure. I just think there's certain authors who really run with the formula and it loses some of the effect of macro, while concentrating to heavily on the micro.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Fuck em. Give me the bullet list and piss off. I don't need their bullshit stories.

3. LOL

I am actually a huge fan of anecdotes, in fact I learn bigger concepts through them very easily. Like, if a professor uses some personal story about something to illustrate a bigger concept I will remember that shit forever. I remember weird stories about my teachers from years ago. Similar with academic articles when they use interviews or survey data to inform about a topic. But for some reason when it's these long, drawn out, exaggerated chapters I just tune out. Like thanks Brad, I got your point 10 pages ago but keep going with it or something.

4. And it's always Brad too. God dammit, Brad.

5. I got married on Saturday!
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Congrats!

7. CONGRATS!!!!

I woke up this morning to the news: PHIL COLLINS IS PLAYING A US TOUR

I’ve honestly waited for this day for so long that I don’t even know what to do with myself

go see a show

Buy a t-shirt.

10. She's been waiting for this moment for all her life, oh Lord.