Page 2274 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 226022702272227322742275227622782288 ... LastLast
Results 22,731 to 22,740 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. What the hell is quantitative finance and why is it of interest almost solely to the Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    almost as much as he likes living in the swamp.
    I got bad news then.

3. My dad called me last night from Florida. Said my uncle, who has a crop farm 15 minutes from me, could use some help and the tractor we restored last year could use some breaking in so the seals don’t leak. I drove it over there (it’s awesome being the dick on the tractor holding traffic up for once), and as I turned into the driveway a bearing in the front wheel went. Damn thing almost feel off.

So I spent all day driving one of his tractors through three of his fields. Not a career I have any interest in, but it’s a fun diversio

4. n

5. .

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What the hell is quantitative finance and why is it of interest almost solely to the Chinese?
    I do my deals exclusively in qualitative finance. IOU’s
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I'm in Spokane Washington this week. What a weird little city. I like the scenery a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. It's a nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    What the hell is quantitative finance and why is it of interest almost solely to the Chinese?
    I have a degree in this. It is basically modelling complex financial instruments that no sane person should touch.

As to why? Money.

10. Yeah, I goggled it. Seems to be as disputed as it is fashionable.

It was just weird that out of all the different degrees awarded that day, featuring equal mixes of names of English, Eastern European, and Southern Asian origin, that particular degree was almost 100% made up of Chinese names.