Page 2290 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 227622862288228922902291229222942304 ... LastLast
Results 22,891 to 22,900 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Sounds like spouse material there. My wife had to deal with me when my grandfather died only like three months into knowing me, and she was super supportive too. Don't be so self-deprecating, though - she likes you and there's a good reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    There is no merit in me that justifies why I deserve her.
    C'mon, I bet she thinks you're pretty awesome too.

3. Sounds like a keeper.
    Grieving people are insufferable.

4. lol

thank god for kedawa tagging all that filler with a lovely joke.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Sounds like spouse material there.
    She 100% is. I've gotta save for a ring and stuff, but at the my income, we're talking like...years before I have enough. And I just want to propose now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I'm glad to hear you had a busy day! I'll second what the people who came into your store said about most of the Cons I've been to lately. There was a time a few years back where you could find REALLY good deals at them. I got a few steal of a deals specially from Too Many Games in PA, and AVGC here in Jersey. Now it seems like everyone selling at these cons is charging Ebay prices + anywhere from %10 - %20. Fuck that I paid to get into this con, I'm not paying more ontop of that. My local game store, probably much like yourself, has way better deals than that. At this point I only go to the cons for the panels, and I don't expect to buy anything.
    Everyone (at the con) was checking the same few websites whenever prices are discussed. I think that's why you can't find deals since the sources are all the same. I am not sure if I will go to AVGC next year, since I didn't even see any rare games this year.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    She 100% is. I've gotta save for a ring and stuff, but at the my income, we're talking like...years before I have enough. And I just want to propose now.
    Don't let the jewelry racket run your life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Everyone (at the con) was checking the same few websites whenever prices are discussed. I think that's why you can't find deals since the sources are all the same. I am not sure if I will go to AVGC next year, since I didn't even see any rare games this year.
    Checking the same kind of sites is fine, I don't think that's the issue. When they check that site and then want that value plus 40% that is the issue. You have a captive audience of more people than would come into your store/see your shit on ebay/see your listing on let go on an average day. People who paid money to be at this con, you shouldn't be charging them more. I know the dude who brings candy cabs to a lot of these cons. He said Sunday morning before the con opened most of the vendors were bitching and moaning that they weren't selling any thing. Don't expect me to pay to get in and then pay you an extortionate price on top of that.

That one dude who goes to all of these cons with basically just import games, was so fucking over priced the last few times I've seen his booth. I don't really care for getting shit CIB, but when I can get the game complete shipped from Japan off ebay for 15 bucks cib, why the fuck am I going to pay you 30 for cart only that looks like you wiped your ass with it.

The few booths with decent prices that were willing to make deals were busy as fuck the entire con. The booths with ridiculous prices that wouldn't budge were sitting there on their phones being ignored every time I walked by. People aren't as stupid or out of touch with the pricing of shit as these vendors seem to think.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I don't think they want to sell. I think it's a con on the bank and their wife. They say they're doing a business. Take out a loan. Then buy what they want. They jack the price up so nothing sells. Then declare no profits in the first and second year and write it off their taxes. Don't pay themselves. Give the inventory to themselves in the third year as payment. Then sell something like water or coke in the third, make a profit. Everything is easy peasy.

10. The last classic computer thing I went to had the main sponsor's booth selling Amiga and C64 games and books for $0.25 each, and then another guy right next to them charging $5 to $25 for the exact same shit. I just chalked it up to the guy being a greedy hoarder, but I guess it's the norm now.