Page 2219 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 220522152217221822192220222122232233 ... LastLast
Results 22,181 to 22,190 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    People don't realize they lose money driving for Uber. Their pay is crap and you pay for all wear and tear, insurance, gas, etc and also depreciation. Their model is unsustainable, they are subsidizing the rides and losing money faster than ANY company, ever.
    Uber's insurance cover you if someone is in the car. You don't need insurance outside of what you already have. I haven't met anyone that drives for them that has any real complaints.

Does leasing a car and driving for Uber not make sense? I can't find any downsides.

When you lease a car you generally have to keep it under a certain amount of miles, if you don't you pay out the ass.

Probably the best way to profit is to buy a good low mileage 2 or 3 year old car with good fuel economy. That way someone else has already taken the depreciation hit, it's new and nice enough to use an an Uber car, and when you're done you can at least get a decent amount when you sell it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    When you lease a car you generally have to keep it under a certain amount of miles, if you don't you pay out the ass.

Probably the best way to profit is to buy a good low mileage 2 or 3 year old car with good fuel economy. That way someone else has already taken the depreciation hit, it's new and nice enough to use an an Uber car, and when you're done you can at least get a decent amount when you sell it.
    You can lease a car under the Uber xChange program and not have to worry about the mileage. They also cover routine maintenance. It's not a great deal (very expensive compared to a normal lease) but for people like me, it provides perhaps the only good option for getting a newer vehicle. In the wake of the divorce and later failing years of the marriage, my credit was utterly destroyed and there's no way I could even get a lease with high interest rates at current. The Uber leasing also allows you to return the car without penalty if you give proper notice. I've done my research and read some horror stories but for the most part, people seem happy with it.

4. Uber's a decent way to make side money. The key, like when dealing with your mothers after three drinks, is to get in on the back-end incentives.

At the end of a week, $500 extra on top of the fare income ain't bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Referrals?

6. Referrals are good for $750+ for User and Invitee depending on what deal they're offering (OH HEY), but I'm talking about ride-number incentives.

Referrals are only $200 in seattle.

8. Get it together, Seattle!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Then make tweed covered speaker boxes. I might buy one.
    I was looking in to this today. It might be an option. Some of these components could work well, and look cool with inexpensive moulded plywood (this is also typically more resilient to bumps too since the box is modular). It would allow for the layering needed.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 21 Oct 2016 at 08:00 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Referrals are only $200 in seattle.
    Thanks Obama