Page 2287 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 227322832285228622872288228922912301 ... LastLast
Results 22,861 to 22,870 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I read a bunch of shit about weed being not super dope to smoke in japan
    I hear it's pretty shitty dope.
    I will LITERALLY need to Send You A Picture of Kathy Ireland (Editor's Note: Modern equiv., natch! - Ed.) with My Dick Inside of Her Mouth before you will believe it.
    I look forward to this thread.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Cigs, just remember, I can unleash Aaron Springer to contain you with just one call. You have been warned.

Can you make this call today? I'm Bored As Fuck.

BTW I had a meeting with Aaron on the Paramount Lot months upon months ago. Zeus recommended me because I worked as his board partner on Bullwinkle for 10 minutes before Dreamworks fired him in broad daylight after lunch, then replaced him within 10 more minutes with a 23 year-old child who was very excitable but Unable to Do A Storyboard For Children's Television.

And Aaron and I got along great, we talked about how I was Making a Videogame Currently (and he has some programming experience as well), I pitched several sections from my best boards, and got fucking laughs in a dead room at high noon from one of the most talented cartoonists to ever live (Aaron).

I saw Sue Mondt on the way out, who is super fun and talented (worked with her on SMFA at Cartoon Network), chatted and hugged her, flirted with the sparkly-green-eyed curly-short-haired beauty of a PA with a fat butt on the way out, and had myself a GRAND OLD DAY.

And yet I do not work on Spongebob 3. At the very least, help me to understand why I did not get that job.

It's a thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    So it's fun to torment smart guys like you, who are not creative. It's a very creative thing To Do, actually.

And it's a lot of fun, so I do it all day long to keep the ol' brain warm.
    You're not even the best or first at this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Attachment 81424

Found some spare clams! You've already got 5 reviews, dude, that's awesome! Do you have a marketing plan and stuff? I'll reiterate my reco of the Twitter writing community.
    Thanks man!

Marketing has all been social media pretty much. That effectively got the word out to my immediate circle really well. Started by doing blog posts about the editing process as it was happening. So as it came closer to completion, I had some hype behind it. I didn't just one day say "I have a book!" Doing that makes it pretty easy to ignore.

I tried to roll it out in chunks. First telling my writers group when it would be out. Then I went to facebook and started cross promoting with Instagram. Marketing is a whole different animal, so I've been trying to come up with ways to turn anything into mentioning my book. So I went with the basics: photoshop famious pictures. When Peter Dinklage won the Emmy gor GoT, I put my book into his pocket in a pic where he's holding up the trophy. I got my book into my local comic book store and shopped a picture of Pennywise holding my book instead of Richies paper boat in the sewer. I come up with lines and hashtags for each picture (which reminds me, I need to get a picture of my dog for #dogsofinstagram)

I had 1000 business cards made which I've been sending out to relatives to help get wide distribution. I'm flinging these fuckers out to just about anyone I meet in public. There's also someone I Internet Know who has a blog that I've been reading for ages. Told him about the book and he bought it the day I sent him the email. He'll be mentioning it soon.

I've hit the sales wall at 55. Everyone who knows me who wants to buy it, has. I need to work on getting interviews or something to get outside exposure. I'm re-doing my author page now too as the one I have now is rather bootleg.

5. Awesome. Book arrived today! I'm tearing through an audiobook then I'll hit this baby. Love that material they used for the cover!

6. I had some friends from Louisiana here visiting this week. They wanted to see the rainforest, so I took them out to Staircase Rapids at the Olympic National Forest. It was practically deserted because it's October and the weather is starting to turn, but it was nice the day we were out there. On our loop back to the car, I see this guy with a couple people, and they're looking at mushrooms and taking notes. I take a closer look and realize it's fucking Paul Stamets. He was super cool, talked to us for a few minutes about the mushrooms they were collecting and his recent Joe Rogan appearance. My friends didn't really give a shit, but I was a bit star struck, he's kind of a rock star to me. It blew my mind running into him literally in the middle of nowhere.

https://youtu.be/mPqWstVnRjQ

7. Was he wearing his shroom hat?

8. I had to look him up but wow that is nuts! He looks like an interesting guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. That is so rad!

10. He was!