Page 2278 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 226422742276227722782279228022822292 ... LastLast
Results 22,771 to 22,780 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The fuck?
    Ya I know, it's really fucking weird.

So, this place is an RV Park / event center, but there are also houses in the park. It's owned by Airstream, so you have to own an actual Airstream to buy a house there, but it's really weird. Even though I technically own the house, I don't own the lot, it's a 99 year lease. I also have to attend two rallies a year, and volunteer a certain amount of hours a year. Because of all these weird stipulations, it keeps a lot of people out, not everybody is up for a buying an Airstream just to live somewhere specific.

Here's the deal though. I got a 2 bedroom, 1300 sq ft house, with a detached 1000 sq ft garage, for $20,000! It was kind of a no brainer.

2. Holy shit that is a rad van!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. So all told, you got a 2br 1300sqft house with a 1000sqft garage for $27k. That sounds like a win, even with all the hoops.

4. The property tax on that alone would be close to 27k/yr here.

5. There’s a whole world out there I never knew existed.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    So all told, you got a 2br 1300sqft house with a 1000sqft garage for $27k. That sounds like a win, even with all the hoops.
    Exactly. It would've been real dumb on my part to pass on this deal. Granted, the house is kinda shitty at the moment. It needs some major renovations after being vacant for a few years. And woodpeckers have gotten into the garage and done some significant damage.

But it sure beats paying 1000 a month for a tiny ass apartment.

Nicely done.

8. Are there any clauses against renting? It good be a really good investment.

9. And you can kinda live anywhere with an airstream

10. I want to join the $20k house cult!