Page 15 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Congrats JM I am really glad to hear you are no longer a starving artist.

2. Life has been really, really, good, here! Ive done great in the business world and met a beautiful woman a while back that ive been having a great time with. Going to NYC in three weeks to enjoy some good blues and broadway with a long time buddy, and life is just going really good. Nice to see a thread for this sorta thing...........

3. Today is my last day at work, and they were so desperate not to lose me I get to telecommute part time from Los Angeles for the next 2-3 months. I'll make plenty of money and retain my full benefits while I look for a new job down there. I'm moving next week. Can't wait to get the fuck out of here!

4. Quote Originally Posted by farfus!!! View Post
    Nice to see a thread for this sorta thing...
    speaking of which, where is Korian? this is like Bright Club 2.1x
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    If she's too sober to remember me it'll be okay since the plan is to drink ourselves stupid again.
    it's a wonderful technique and seems to work very, very well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    Life. Is. Good.

you look very familiar. either that or like the guy from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

6. She's wearing pink, you're wearing blue. It's the classic girl-boy colour scheme!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. So, I was contacted by someone at SpikeTV Games today. They're doing a Halo 3 midnight special on the 24th, and the show will feature a fan creations segment...

For the unaware, I've wasted countless hours of my life making Halo-related paper crafts. halo.bungie.org is hosting most of the gallery; I've made 52 of them so far, and then a bunch of non-spartan Halo crafts on top of that. It started out as a thank-you card for a LAN host but I got a tad carried away with it.

So uh, the hbo guy was contacted by g4 and spike looking for stories, and I guess he threw my name out to a few people. It's only going to be a 'picture of me making Halo crafts and a brief mention' sort of thing, but I'm gonna be on TV for it.

I don't know whether to be excited or incredibly ashamed of myself for the sheer dorkiness of this. God damn.

Still, I think it's pretty cool. I guess this counts are Internet-famous?
    Last edited by Nomi; 06 Sep 2007 at 11:09 AM.

8. A hot gamer chick making awesome Halo paper figures?

This could have good results.

Seriously, with the people who do gaming news etc, this could be your rocket into Gaming Media or something.

9. Awesome Nomi congratulations!

10. Life's been seriously kicking ass lately. Living in downtown Seattle, mere walking distance from insane restaurants, arcades, bars, museums, and not to mention all the awesome stuff all along the water. I've been eating incredible sushi like a fiend and playing MvC2 and SF3 against really good comp, it's like a vacation. The commute sucks ass, but that will change when I get my permanent apartment.

Pulled into work this morning to see them putting up a huge 8' by 20' Halo 3 banner on my building. I'm downloading the SQL Server 2008 sourcecode onto my machine as I type this, so I can then work on it myself which is mind blowing. I work with amazingly smart people and have met lots of cool ones. The job so far is juuuuuust right, no complaints at all; And today at 11 we're heading to Safeco field for the company wide meeting which should be a blast.