Page 2289 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 227522852287228822892290229122932303 ... LastLast
Results 22,881 to 22,890 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. I had planned to do a few hours of work today, and play Dragalia until I closed at 6.
    I started a project (going through 6 totes full of xbox games, alphabitizing them, and seeing what I could put out that I didn't already have).
    Three of my showcases were covered in hundreds of xbox games.
    Then some people walk in.
    Out of towners I'd not seen in a year or two. The semi local game convention was this weekend, and so they came up from Pennsylvania, etc and drove the hour out of their way to visit my store. Cool!
    We shoot the shit for a while, they say the convention was pretty ass, the vendors didn't have much and what they did have was wayyyy overpriced.
    They spend a good chunk of money. One said, "We should have skipped the con and just come here."
    That felt good.
    They finally left and I went back to my project.
    Another group of nerds walk in. They are also coming back from the con. They also say it was pretty whack. They also spend a decent chunk of money.
    They finally left and I tried to go back to my project.
    But then regular people came in. And then more. And then more.
    So it's almost 7 and I haven't left yet because I'm still trying to get the xbox games off my showcases, I've got ebay crap to get ready to mail out, and I haven't eaten since 9:30 am.

But for the first time in SEVERAL months, it felt like a game store in here.
    p.s. one guy was eyeing a certain blue Saturn very hard, but couldn't pull the trigger.

2. Is that the con at Syracuse?

3. yes

4. I thought about going but just a bit too far.

5. $40 for Charles Martinet’s signature, a deal!

you should make serious plans to be left alone more often

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I had planned to do a few hours of work today, and play Dragalia until I closed at 6.
    I started a project (going through 6 totes full of xbox games, alphabitizing them, and seeing what I could put out that I didn't already have).
    Three of my showcases were covered in hundreds of xbox games.
    Then some people walk in.
    Out of towners I'd not seen in a year or two. The semi local game convention was this weekend, and so they came up from Pennsylvania, etc and drove the hour out of their way to visit my store. Cool!
    We shoot the shit for a while, they say the convention was pretty ass, the vendors didn't have much and what they did have was wayyyy overpriced.
    They spend a good chunk of money. One said, "We should have skipped the con and just come here."
    That felt good.
    They finally left and I went back to my project.
    Another group of nerds walk in. They are also coming back from the con. They also say it was pretty whack. They also spend a decent chunk of money.
    They finally left and I tried to go back to my project.
    But then regular people came in. And then more. And then more.
    So it's almost 7 and I haven't left yet because I'm still trying to get the xbox games off my showcases, I've got ebay crap to get ready to mail out, and I haven't eaten since 9:30 am.

But for the first time in SEVERAL months, it felt like a game store in here.
    p.s. one guy was eyeing a certain blue Saturn very hard, but couldn't pull the trigger.
    I'm glad to hear you had a busy day! I'll second what the people who came into your store said about most of the Cons I've been to lately. There was a time a few years back where you could find REALLY good deals at them. I got a few steal of a deals specially from Too Many Games in PA, and AVGC here in Jersey. Now it seems like everyone selling at these cons is charging Ebay prices + anywhere from %10 - %20. Fuck that I paid to get into this con, I'm not paying more ontop of that. My local game store, probably much like yourself, has way better deals than that. At this point I only go to the cons for the panels, and I don't expect to buy anything.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Finally finished moving into my new house and cleaning out the old apartment Saturday. Tired and broke, but feels good man!

Congratulations all around.

10. My girlfriend's great.

She was there for me when my sister died, and that was when she didn't know me at all.

She's always supportive, kind, thinking of other people first, makes great jokes, and is uplifting to be around.

There is no merit in me that justifies why I deserve her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.