Page 2288 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 227422842286228722882289229022922302 ... LastLast
Results 22,871 to 22,880 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

My dog is starting to act more like a dog.

2. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. What happened to her, she was on a roll there for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. life is struggling day by day

Life is pain. Anybody that says different is selling something.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Life is pain. Anybody that says different is selling something.
    I'd rep this if I could.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'd rep this if I could.
    I've got you bae

8. So all of our noobs are Buddhist now?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. On Thursday I did a speaking engagement at a local library for my book. It was a "Local Spotlight" kind of event so there was a group of kids who did a skit, a few authors, a singer etc. I went up 6th out of 8 and it went well. Met some good people, handed out a bunch of business cards and got good feedback.

That brings me to the guy who went after me. He was older, I'd say somewhere in his 60s at least. His background is something in education, psych, and philosophy, with some law classes mixed in. He titled his presentation Three Branches - One Knowledge: A Sampler of Its Fruits and I have no clue wtf it was about or the point. It was like a fever dream. I think it was his Pinterest in Powerpoint form. I didn't understand his introduction and he goes, I'm going to be mostly silent so you can look at the slides I put together and he proceeds to play the presentation which was about 100 slides shown for 6 seconds each. Pictures of buildings in Washington, graphs, pie charts, presidents, Anne Frank, just a fever dream of stuff, some of it with text written on top of the pictures. Once in a while, he'd say stuff like the date, "That's Me" and "Did you see the mouse in that last slide?" in a slide with 6 random pictures.

At the end he goes, did any of those pictures jump out at you? And no one said anything. So he goes into what I assume he planned to do, which was talk about certain slides. As he's scrolling to find a slide, he accidentally closed Powerpoint and ended his time. Polite claps and I'm left wondering if he didn't get to the part where he went in on his favorite conspiracy theories.

10. Boo, Hiss.