Page 2090 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 207620862088208920902091209220942104 ... LastLast
Results 20,891 to 20,900 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    A Rampant Fronting guild member has put out a few books, some of the books have been made into movies.

I am mentioned in Men, Women, and Children.
    According to Wikipedia you are part of the plot too...
    "Kent cancels Tim's game account after seeing lewd comments about Tim's mother in his chat history, and demands he rejoin the team next year."
    Last edited by Brettmatic; 20 Jan 2015 at 07:05 PM.

2. Yup. It goes into more detail in the book.

3. Based on real life events.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Pretty much, yeah.

My rate change didn't come through on this bill so I chatted with AT&T customer service this afternoon. As is often the case when I talk to techs we bullshitted about this and that for a few minutes here and there during our call. At the end of the call she tells me she wishes all customers were as nice as me. She set me up with some promo rate, and stretched it out for two years. I now pay $50 a month for two iPhones with a 3GB shared data plan.

Be friendly and personable when you're talking with customer support, treat them like a person and ask them questions about their day and such. Sometimes cool things happen. If not, then you just gave someone a short break from what is, without a doubt, a very shitty job.

6. I always treat them well. Job sucks, I did that for 6 months.

But I was tech support and even then, I doubt many of them could give you this promo rate

I am reserving my true excitement until I get a bill for the new rate. I hope it works. The discount will cover our monthly cost for health insurance.

8. You should be able to get around there family plant mobile with unlimited data no?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

We haven't used more than 3GB between the two of since I figured out how iTunes match works. Even if we do it's cheaper to pay the overages than it would be to get a plan with more data.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Be friendly and personable when you're talking with customer support, treat them like a person and ask them questions about their day and such. Sometimes cool things happen. If not, then you just gave someone a short break from what is, without a doubt, a very shitty job.
    Truth. I used to be a CSR and am a veteran of the food services/retail industry, so I know what they go through. Kill 'em with kindness and more often than not you'll be rewarded.

Had a similar experience recently with Comcast (believe it or not!). Noticed that a promotion I originally signed under had expired, called the CSR about options to downgrade, was friendly with the guy and he gave me some 12-month promo where I'll be spending about $40 less than I normally would, plus he said I'll have a $40 credit on next month's bill. Double win.

I also had an experience with American Airlines while traveling to Miami for Thanksgiving one year. Was at the gate, the board said that the flight was on time but there wasn't any plane at the gate. So I asked the agent at the counter how long the delay would be and she said snarkily, "The plane will get here when it gets here." Seeing that she was obviously in a bad mood, I thanked her and wished her a happy Thanksgiving. Fast forward about 45 minutes, I'm finally on the plane and see the same ticket agent look at me and motion me toward her with her index finger. I'm thinking, "Great, what did I do now?" She quietly tells me that she felt bad for being a jerk to me, so she gave me a free upgrade to first class. Win.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill