Page 2271 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 225722672269227022712272227322752285 ... LastLast
Results 22,701 to 22,710 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I recommend committing actions that seem rational and not being an asshole.

And have a good candybar and some pizza sometime.

That will get you further than a lot of this shit.
    Define "further"? I fail to see why reading about philosophy, sociology, or things to try to improve your workplace would be considered a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Just got back from a road trip from Wisconsin to Utah’s Mighty 5 and back. It was amazing there. I can’t recommend those National Parks enough. This was our second time checking out Zion so I decided to do The Angels Landing hike. Stunning. Pictures don’t do the area any justice.
    My friends rank a marathon through Zion somewhere. I couldn't believe the photos they were taking!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I fail to see why reading about philosophy, sociology,
    Most of it is neither of those things. At best, someone makes a bullet list like I made, then fleshes each bullet inot a chapter with an anecdotal story and then a summary at the end.

At worst, the bullet list is made up of bullshit you want to hear.

3. Unless you’ve read the books you don’t really have a pot to piss in. Especially not by describing how books are written as some revelatory insight in to their worth.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Its a general insult towards self help books and business self help books.

Most of them are trash.

5. The books you’ve specifically referenced above are about philosophy or sociology (unless you think all books are bullet list trash). Death by Meetihg was the business book, and a short one that is very specific with tactical advice. Not at all as you’re asduming.

Jackingoffinthewind.jpg

7. I didn’t really see a sociology book up there. I don’t consider Chomsky’s rambling sociology any more than I do economics, because they don’t come from a place of defined research. They are sort of....observations. Which can be sociological obviously but you need a method to the madness. People may disagree with me but that’s cool, I just think he’s kind of a hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Like I said, they make a bullet list. Then dedicate a chapter to each, and back it up with anecdotal stories. And then there is a summary at the end of the chapter.

And most of it is shit everyone already knows, or is easy to agree with.

it would be like Josh writing a book on not being fat and chapter 3 is "don't be lasy. Now here is a bunch of stories on people that were lazy and fat, and other people that weren't lazy and not fat."

9. Big sniffer!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread