Page 2306 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 229223022304230523062307 LastLast
Results 23,051 to 23,060 of 23064

Thread: Life Is Good

I always figured she was more of a tub girl.

2. I was upset by the number of dead turtles I saw driving through the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge today, so I'm glad you saved him!

3. I found a wasp nest inside of our grill out back. I noticed one fly in and back out the other day but was too scared to open it and check (I disturbed a nest in a similar manner as a teenager and paid dearly for it). I swung it open real quick to check today because my older son is with us and was playing out there. Sure enough, there was a small nest covered in wasps on the inside of the lid and fortunately they did not swarm. I had to clear five or six nests off the property last summer from under the overhang out back to under the swinging arm on the mailbox. I fucking hate wasps and am prepared to deal with whatever ecological disaster that would result from their rapid extinction. Given these facts, why would I post this in the “life is good” thread? I’m very much looking forward to firing up the grill tomorrow morning and incinerating their burgeoning colony 😈

4. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    I was upset by the number of dead turtles I saw driving through the Iroquois Wildlife Refuge today, so I'm glad you saved him!

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I’m very much looking forward to firing up the grill tomorrow morning and incinerating their burgeoning colony 😈
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

God I hate wasps.

7. I had a huge colony of wasps nesting in the brick pillar that holds up the front awning of my old place in Toronto. There was a garbage man strike that summer, and one of the temporary dump sites was a few blocks from where I live. The whole neighborhood was full of wasps. Anyway, I had been doing some masonry for work, and just brought home some mortar and tools and entombed the wasps while they slept. I could hear buzzing for a couple of days, but that was it. I'm sure they made an easy meal for the carpenter ants. The next year there was a shitload of songbirds around that ate wasps, and the dump site was gone, so the wasps were fucked and I barely saw any.

I remember when I was a kid my uncle would take a bucket of kerosene and hold it under hornets nests, and then knock the nest off the tree right into the bucket and none would escape. You can do the same thing with water and dish soap. We also had some kind of aerosol poison spray that was meant to be used from a safe distance, but didn't work that well and usually just pissed them off. It worked better as a flame thrower.

I like that kerosene idea.

9. They make a spray that shoots like 30ft and almost kills the little bastards on contact. Go get that.

10. As a kid I ran a lawnmower over a yellow jacket burrow, and learned how mother nature teaches.

I watched my dad deal with several colonies by pouring straight gasoline in the holes. He ignited some, but not all.