Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: IGN's Top 100 NES Games

IGN's Top 100 NES Games

Finally there's an IGN list that probably won't offend me much. There won't be any bias for the NES over other systems this time since other systems aren't a part of it anyway. http://www.ign.com/top-100-nes-games/

Thumbs up for:

- not factoring in influence or importance. I wish they did that for their other lists.
    - including some gems that could have gone overlooked like Little Samson, Metal Storm, and Kickle Cubicle.
    - not forgetting to mention OutRun in Rad Racer's write up.

Thumbs down for:

- not having the balls to include imports.
    - implying NES Spy Hunter was the first home version when the C64 one and others kicked ass already.
    - saying "Irem Software Engineering". They weren't called that back then.

I still don't get why some people love NES Astyanax. I wouldn't have bothered with Maniac Mansion on this list; unless it was the only system you had, there was no point in playing that version (at least Levi recommended playing an uncensored one). I hope the list doesn't end up with six Mega Mans.

And I hope Gun*Nac makes the list.

2. If this gets to #1 including NES Maniac Mansion and not Iron Tank, I'm going to murder something.

3. Manic Mansion is better than your favorite game! HA! (I like the NES version for sentimental reasons, also, the music is better than in the PC version. Looks better too, IMO.)

wtf is the point of a Top 100 list?
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 Oct 2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. It was just the first thing to come to mind! Iron Tank doesn't get enough <3<3<3

5. After TNL's recent faggotry with the form I'm pretty much totally done with top whatever lists.

6. Iron Tank was fucking awesome. I must have rented that game 30 times as a kid.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Manic Mansion is better than your favorite game! HA! (I like the NES version for sentimental reasons, also, the music is better than in the PC version. Looks better too, IMO.)
    Unless you had a Tandy.

8. Who the fuck had a Tandy. Seriously. Did that one even have character themes?

9. Additionally: I always liked Guerrilla War more than Iron Tank.

10. I had a Tandy, no lies. Actually still have it in the basement. All we had was a circus game that blew, a music program, and a Space Invaders rip off with like 3 enemy types (one time as a family we had a marathon and got to level 200).