Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mighty Thor

1. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I personally prefure Beta Ray Bill cus he kicked his ass.
    QFMFT.
    My favorite comic plotline ever.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Only one man on this planet is capable of playing the Asgardian..

LOL!

Yeah, you're right. Hopefully we'll get to see him petigree Loki.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I'm-uh the Mighty-uh Thor-uh!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Thorith-uh! Verily-uh!

It's all about the game...and how you playeth, it's all about control and if you canst taketh.

5. The King of Kings!

'

6. I hope that when he's back instead of the dinky sledge he normally uses, he whips out that huge one on his throne there.

And the water bottle just makes the pic that much MORE awesome.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

7. From CHUD:
    MARVEL AND MATTHEW VAUGHN MAY BE WRESTLING OVER THOR CASTING
    By Devin Faraci
    Contributing sources: Dr. Donald Blake

Now that Matthew Vaughn is on the Thor movie, attention must shift inevitably to who will be playing the Norse god-cum-superhero. Rumors that have reached my own, decidedly non-Asgardian, ears indicate that Marvel Studios and their new director may be at odds when it comes to casting this lead role.

According to my first time source*, Marvel wants wrestler Triple H to play the god of thunder, while Vaughn is dead set against it. Triple H is a name that comes up in a lot of fan casting for the role, mainly because the guy really does look Thor-ish, but his acting resume is a little thin (unless you count all of his wrestling experience as acting, since all of that shit is fake and engineered to appeal to the lowest common denominator), so I can see where Vaughn is not happy with the idea of making his lead a fella whose main film experience was in Blade: Trinity.

The problem is simple: how much power does Vaughn have in this struggle? If Stardust had opened bigger, he’d certainly have more. Add to that the fact that a strike is looming, which means that Vaughn isn’t going to have a lot of time to find his perfect Thor, plus everybody’s schedules are getting quite packed as they’re trying to fit in as much last minute work as possible. If he can find his perfect Thor and convince Marvel to hire him, it won’t make a difference if the actor’s dance card is completely full from here until the strike deadline.

Thor can quite possibly be the trickiest bit of casting in the entire Marvel pantheon, since the character really needs to be physically imposing, but the actor might be called upon to deliver ersatz Shakespearian dialogue. It’s one thing to cast an Austrian bodybuilder as a mostly mute killing machine from the future, and another to cast a professional wrestler as a god who gives flowery speeches.

*ie, take this one as scuttlebutt only.
    From IESB:
    Casting: Has Matthew Vaughn Found His Thor?! PDF Print E-mail
    Written by Stephanie Sanchez
    Monday, 13 August 2007

Just days after Matthew Vaughn was announced as director of the Thor adaptation over at Marvel Studios, a name has started floating around industry circles as a potential lead.

Looks like there may be another superhero coming out of HBO’s Rome. First it was Ray Stevenson who was announced as the new Punisher. Now, Kevin McKidd, Rome’s Lucius Vorenus, is being rumored as the new mighty Thor!

The Thor script was penned by Mark Protosevich and is said to very origin heavy. Origin of Norse Gods, origin of the Uru Hammer, origin of how Thor came to be basically, which makes a lot of sense considering the last time most saw Thor on the big screen was in Adventures in Babysitting!

McKidd is currently shooting Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey and finished up Dylan based on the life of poet Dylan Thomas.

The IESB has not been able to get full confirmation on this casting as of yet, we'll keep you updated!

Marvel Studios is looking to start shooting on Thor by this winter in order to stay one step ahead of the looming writers’ guild strike.

Hmmm....the Norse God of thunder and lightning? I could do that!
    And just to toss another name out there, a bunch of people on AICN seem to want Vladimir Kulich. After looking him up... yeah, in that 13th Warrior flick he was pretty much Thor in the flesh. Only problem is, now he's 51 with laugh lines out the ass and thin grey hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Vlad Kulich, was he the Norse King who came to the rescue of the other norsemen in the 13th Warrior? Or was he one of the others? Damn I need to find my copy of that movie again.

And I love that even Marvel thinks Thor should be THHHor.

9. Click for full size

tHHHor imo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thor.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	26062  

10. I don't know how I feel about this. I like Thor in the Avengers and the Ultimates (He's actually one of my favorite characters in the Ultimates) but I don't know how much I would like a movie with him alone
    "I don't like fellas that kill me. Not in general."