Page 1 of 53 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age (PS4)

1. PlayStation  2 Final Fantasy XII : The Zodiac Age (PS4)

The old thread was like 1200+ replies, so here's a brand spanking new one.

Still playing this game 9 months later, if you do all the side quests it goes on for freaking ever. This is like Dragon Quest VII territory.

I think there are a couple of things I'm missing about this game though:

1. Is it just me or are the summons useless? Maybe I just don't have good enough Espers yet, but they seem weaker than just using my regular party. It's hard for them to stay on the field long enough to do their special attacks.

2. Is there any real benefit to using light armor? I just don't see it. In fact, there doesn't seem to be much purpose to anything other than the most powerful weapons & armor. Certain weapons may have higher combo rates or buff your magic more, but those bonuses never seem to be worth it when a good axe or hammer does nearly twice as much damage every single hit, and heavy armor pumps your strength. If light armor improved your speed I could see the benefit, but it doesn't. Playing monk or white mage-style seems like a total waste of time, may as well just make everyone a tank. Ranged weapons only seem useful to keep spellcasters back and out of the range of (some) area attacks.

Other than that, really good game with a few flaws. The FF XII International improvements seem to fix every complaint I have about the game, but no way I'm going to get that and start this beast over.
    -Kyo

I started this last week...like 15 hours in and...

...I'm pretty sure I've seen this movie before.
    Last edited by Rich; 12 Aug 2007 at 05:13 PM.

3. Use the force, Vaan!
    -Kyo

4. i really really really enjoyed this game. it destroyed the voice acting of X and made the fighting system of XI work offline. Very very solid game.

I am way interested in the international version because of the forced job system, but at the same time i wonder if itll really work well because its not as easy as 10 was to switch characters, and some characters are going to get ignored (along with the white mage almost never being out of the party), i was a level and upgrade every character at the same time kinda player.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. What all does the International edition change? My boyfriend is yet to finish the game and I am interested in it now since he's taking forever, I might play through again (and finish before him) if the International one is spiffy.

OMG BOYFRIEND

7. Some of the changes:
    • Zodiac Job System. Instead of having one big license board, you pick one of 12 jobs for your character, each with it's own license board.
    • Guest characters and summons are controllable by the player.
    • Pressing the L1 button accelerates the game's speed.
    • New licenses, spells and gambits.
    • New Game+
    • Trial Mode which allows the player to hunt monsters in 100 different maps to gain items and money

The voices are also in English, but the text is in Japanese with no English option.

SPOILER WARNING ON VIDEOS!!
    Trailer

The Zodiac Grid
    Last edited by Mikhal; 12 Aug 2007 at 06:41 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    What all does the International edition change? My boyfriend is yet to finish the game and I am interested in it now since he's taking forever, I might play through again (and finish before him) if the International one is spiffy.
    forced job class with evryone having their own license board. So example: Vaan will be stuck as a theif job, Fran a black mage, and Ashe a Paladin for example (mind you i dont remember the exact jobs offered). FFX style so to speak where every character had a specialty in something the others couldnt.

mikhal you might wanna put a possible spoiler alert on that video, there are some very endgame scenes in there.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 12 Aug 2007 at 06:37 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

9. Done and added another video.

10. I should pick up that international version.

I never actually played FFXII
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.