Page 1 of 278 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2007 NFL Season Thread

1. Official 2007 NFL Season Thread

Ok. With the first week of preseaon games over, it is safe to say that the '07 season has officially started. So anything that is '07 NFL related should be posted in this thread.

Go 'Skins! 8-8 Here we come.

2. LIONS

Anyways, this season should be fun. Plenty of things to watch for. Will Russell or Quinn be starting by the end of the year? Will Reggie Bush improve even more? Will the Lions will atleast 10 games like Kitna has said? Will the Falcons fall behind in the divison thanks to Joey Harrington? How will big D fair with new head coach Wade Phillips?

My season predictions

AFC East
    Winner: New England 12-4
    Miami 8-8
    Buffalo 7-9
    NYJets 5-11

AFC West
    Winner: San Diego 13-3
    Denver 8-8
    Kansas City 8-8
    Oakland 5-11

AFC North
    Winner: Baltimore 10-6
    Wild Card:Cincinnati 10-6
    Pittsburgh 8-8
    Cleveland 6-10

AFC South
    Winner:Indianapolis 12-4
    Wild Card:Tenessee 9-7
    Jacksonville 9-7
    Houston 3 -13

Playoffs:
    Baltimore d. Tenessee
    New England d. Cincinnati

San Diego d. Baltimore
    New England d. Indianapolis

San Diego d. New England

NFC North
    Winner: Detroit 10-6
    Wild Card: Minnesota 9-7
    Chicago 7-9
    Green Bay 6-10

NFC South
    Winner: New Orleans 10-6
    Carolina 8-8
    Tampa Bay 7-9
    Atlanta 5-11

NFC East
    Winner: Philadelphia 8-8
    Dallas 7-9
    NYGiants 6-10
    Washington 5-11

NFC West
    Winner: San Francisco 10-6
    Wild Card: St. Louis 9-7
    Seattle 8-8
    Arizona 7-9

Playoffs:
    Minnesota d. Philadelphia
    St. Louis d. Detroit

New Orleans d. St. Louis
    San Francisco d. Minnesota

New Orleans d. San Francisco

Super Bowl: San Diego d. New Orleans
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

3. Please tell me you didn't pick the 49ers to make it to the conference championship.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post
    NFC North
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homer-simpson.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	26082  
    Last edited by Saint of Killers; 15 Aug 2007 at 11:41 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post

NYJets 5-11

You cannot be serious. I may be a fanboy but worse case scenario I predict the Jets going 9-7. Though seeing your Detriot prediction made me realize that you were just picking standings from a hat.

6. The worst case for the Patriots is probably 9-7 and they are the best team in the league (the Chargers with a competent head coach would probably be better but Norv is awful as a HC). A rash of injuries can put a serious hurt on any team, and the Jets are not a deep team by any stretch of the imagination.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post

NFC East
    Winner: Philadelphia 8-8
    Dallas 7-9
    NYGiants 6-10
    Washington 5-11

NFC North
    Wild Card: Minnesota 9-7
    Chicago 7-9
    Green Bay 6-10
    Uh... Can I have what you're smoking? No way Philly goes 8-8 in this year, They will win the division, but not with a .500 record; more like 10-6. And no way the Redskins go 5-11. Their defense will be too good this year and there will be improvements (albeit small) on the offensive side. 8-8 for them.

You are a definite Lions fan to predict them winning their division. Did you see the upgrades made to the Chicago Bears Super Bowl Team during the off season? The switch of Devin Hester to offense? The Bears are down right scary if they can produce a real offense to go with their ridiculous defense. They win the division.

Oh these debates are why the NFL season is so much fun.

8. I don't think the Bears improved much at all. What additions did they make to offense? Yeah, they drafted some guys. That doesn't make them special; every team in the NFL participated in the draft. And Devin Hester tried to play offense in college too, and it didn't work. If he couldn't play offense in college he ain't gonna be able to handle it in the NFL. They should still win the division rather easily though.

And seriously, as a Skins fan, you should know better than anyone that they are always capable of going 5-11. They should be much better than last year but every year they should be a SB contender on paper and we've all seen how well thats worked out.

The worst case scenario is always a lot worse than a fan thinks.

9. Point taken, but Hester will probably be a decoy receiver to draw coverage away from their other receiving options. Grossman will then throw to Desmond Clark, Greg Olsen, Bernard Berrian, and Cedric Benson (Key targets). Factor in a more mature Rex Grossman and there's your increase in offense.

The Bears D is still going to be ridiculous without Tank Johnson. Archuleta will be a better fit in Lovie Smith's system. Teams will have a tough time scoring on them.

The 'Skins have been cursed by poor team ownership (in the beginning, not so much now), lack of coaching consistency (too many changes at OC/DC/HC positions), lack of depth at key positions, and injuries (team was destroyed by injuries last year). All the other successful teams don't have those problems and I think the Organization is starting to get their head out of their ass and looking at teams like the Eagles, Patriots, and Ravens to see what makes those teams so successful and emulating it.

I guess what I was getting at is (1) There's no way in hell the Lions beat the Bears in winning the NFC North and (2) PLS BLV the 'Skins will NOT go 5-11 this year. Mark my words. It just won't happen. Now I'm waiting for Yoshi to chime in on his aging Cowboys

10. Yeah, my picks are insane but that is what makes the NFL so great because that shit could actually happen. Yeah, it is wishful thinking for the Lions to win the divison but take this into account.... last season of the 13 defeats(yes, 13 ) 7 games lost were within 7 points and 5 other losses were within 10 points.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert