Thread: Windows 2000 won't install

1. Windows 2000 won't install

I need to install Windows 2000 on this old point-of-sale computer. The old HDD died. There are many things which have made this a nightmare for me.

• There is no floppy drive.
    • There is no CD-ROM drive.
    • I can't boot off the USB.
    • There is only one IDE channel with a laptop HDD.
    I used another computer to get the HDD bootable with Windows 98. I copied the Windows 2000 CD onto it so I could install it from there. The install goes through just fine until it restarts for the first time. Then it just sits there.

Windows 98SE installs just fine. I hate this computer.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

scsi?

3. wait. you used another computer to install windows 98 onto the shit computers hdd, then put it back into shit computer and expected it to function properly?

dude magic!

5. boot disk with scsi or sata drivers imo

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    wait. you used another computer to install windows 98 onto the shit computers hdd, then put it back into shit computer and expected it to function properly?
    Using a Win98 floppy, I used another computer to get DOS onto the HDD. With that I could boot up to C prompt on the shit computer and attempt to install Windows 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    scsi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    boot disk with scsi or sata drivers imo
    No SCSI or SATA on this computer.

I tried everything I knew to get this thing to work, as well as used the knowledge of my many other nerd friends, and this piece of crap still doesn't work.

I'm going to have it thrown out.